Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Proud Mommy Moment

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 1:16 AM
  • 3 Replies
So everyone that hears this laughs and go right ahead and laugh too. It doesnt bother me its our way of life. My boyfriend raises and shows goats. Yes I said goats. The smelly head butting ones! Lol. We have been together 8 months and I have only been learning about this life style for the last six months. 
So anyways back to my mommy moment! My five year old son will be showing his first buck this weekend and I am so excited. Were trying to see if this is something he really wants to. We went and looked at this buck last weekend and took my son on sunday to see him to see how the two interacted with each other. The first time me and my boyfriend went out the we had him on a lead, basically a leash for goats and he fought us the entire way. Pulling trying to run away, the whole nine yards. But when we had him on the lead on sunday with my son he stood perfectly still and didnt move unless prompt to do so. Even when we took the lead off and my son was still touching him he stood perfectly still. Mind you this buck is barely 3 months old. 
We decided that he would show this weekend and at the end of the month to make sure he really wants to do this. After tjose two shows he decides he doesnt like it then he doesnt have to do it. But im so excited to watch my baby. He has the undying love for animals and I hope this includes this as well. This would be a great family thing for us to do. (We have four kids between the two of us. So a family thing consists of 6 people). 
Ok proud mommy Moment ended..... for now. I will update and let you ladies know how he did after saturday.

by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:31 AM
Lol! I want to see pictures!!:)
lovebeingmommy4
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I will n post somemas soon as we have them! We are going to go get the buck today and we havent told my son that he is the one that were choosinf. He kept telling me sunday mommy mommy I want this one. I want to take him jome now. So he is going to super excited to know we got the one he wanted....

Quoting Cafe Robin: Lol! I want to see pictures!!:)
lovebeingmommy4
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Mobile Photo

My little men and the goat. The one in white is the one that showed him today
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN