Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you text other men? Have you ever wondered if it was crossing the line and bordering a "Emotional Affair?"

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:08 PM
  • 36 Replies

I married later in life-- at age 30 and met my husband at 29 so I had a lot of living before I met him.  I knew/know a lot of men before him and I am still in contact with a lot of them. 

An ex boss of mine from when I was in college and I are still friends and stay in touch and see each other sometimes and we text and sometimes it's just crossed the line in texting a few times-- but the sick part is I like got a rush during it. 

I'm not a cheater and have no desire to ruin my marriage so what do I do about it?  This man and I had a kiss one evening when we were both single and that was it-- but this kiss is constantly remembered between us and commented on.

What about you guys? Do you guys text men still and have you ever felt the texting cross the line? How far did it go and how do you stop it? Do you need to cut all ties with the men?

by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBearEH
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:46 PM
I grew up with boys, and still have few enough female friends that I can count them on one hand. I never hide this, or anything I do with my guy friends from my SO. I would also never change my behaviour or stop being friends with my male friends due to the insecurity of my SO. As long as you're being respectful there shouldn't be a problem. Nine out if ten of my guy friends have wanted to date me, and a couple even have. We are just open about it, and talk about things. Adults should be able to do that in my view. I mean last month he introduced me to one of his ex that he dated for years. They hugged, joked ect. I know they've slept together and I'm cool with that. I wasn't around then and I know who he is going home with.
booaura
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:48 PM
I have several very good friends who are male. I stay in touch, I text them, I even go out with just them sometimes. I'm not going to cheat, that's not how I'm made, and dh knows that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:58 PM
I have several guy friends that I text. BUT, it's completely innocent. If anything were to even START going too far, I would stop.
nayeli.c
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I'll be honest, I'm a huge flirt... and maybe I have flirted a bit too much but I am not a cheater, and he actually has in the past (not on me) so... to me my behavior isn't a big deal because I have always flirted, its part of my personality.

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I do not text other men, so I never have to worry about crossing any lines.

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Jul. 5, 2014 at 8:45 AM
2 moms liked this

No I don't text other Men, not uless it's my Pastor or to organize something for DH,lol. Having a friendship with the opposite sex like that is just something DH and I do not agree should happen in our marriage.

If you got a rush out of texting him, then you need to seriously ask yourself why. Are you craving that attention? Are you hiding the texting from your DH, or would you show him if he asked to see it? When it comes down to it, if your having feelings for this other man, yet still want your marriage you need to stop the texting. Period. It's not worth it.

Banana.Time
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 8:48 AM
I have one guy friend that I catch up with maybe once or twice a year through text. Its even longer before I see him. That line has never and will never be crossed.
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I have some male friends that I text/email/FB but they're just friends. DH and I are very much in agreement that men and women can be friends and nothing else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saharra
by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:09 AM
I text other guys, but ONLY about business stuff. I never just text to say hi, so I have no worries.
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:14 AM
I have guy friends. We go out, have drinks, call/txt/email etc. But that is it. We are just friends.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)