Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

TMI post- longer

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:48 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ok ladies this post has way to much nasty info lol but I need opinion. My daughter 3weeks old on Sunday when I delivered her I had to have something like 6 stitches I think. Well the first week after delivery was regular period blood flow but I'm still bleeding on and off in week 3. I felt like something wasn't right when I was healing cuz it felt like one of my stitches was tugging.
problem #2 I got a hemorrhoid from pushing as well. I have been using the tux pads and then switched to cream cuz it was so bad and have been using marolax so it won't feel like in shitting razors when I go. Well none of that is helping. Still have the hemorrhoid.
my other concern is I have yi have a leep procedure done after my 6week check up. If I'm not healed properly from labor I'm afraid for them to go back in there and do this procedure. I feel like I'll never be the same.
did any of you ladies have any of these issues? If so any advise on them?
by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Well,  I can tell you that I bled for 6 weeks with both of my first two and 5 weeks with my third so that is normal. I felt tugging on my stitches as well but healed up fine. However if you are concerned about it I would call or go in to see your obgyn or midwife so they can check on it and make sure you are healing properly. After my first I had a huge hemorrhoid. It took about 5 weeks-ish for it to go away. 

jconney80
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

It's normal to bleed for about 6 weeks after having a baby and sometimes longer. I don't know what a leep procedure is so I'm not sure how to answer the question. I've only had csections.

MommyRush
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Thanks! Makes me feel better. I just don't member bleeding so long like that after my 1st. And I never had a hemorrhoid so I didn't know if it was normal for it to last that long.

Quoting GodsAmiga:

Well,  I can tell you that I bled for 6 weeks with both of my first two and 5 weeks with my third so that is normal. I felt tugging on my stitches as well but healed up fine. However if you are concerned about it I would call or go in to see your obgyn or midwife so they can check on it and make sure you are healing properly. After my first I had a huge hemorrhoid. It took about 5 weeks-ish for it to go away. 

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 2:47 AM

Yeah, my mom always bled for maybe a week. But I bleed like crazy. I bleed super heavily too for at least two or three of the weeks. :-P

Quoting MommyRush: Thanks! Makes me feel better. I just don't member bleeding so long like that after my 1st. And I never had a hemorrhoid so I didn't know if it was normal for it to last that long.
Quoting GodsAmiga:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)