Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Questions on Clomid???

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

Have any of you ladies taken Clomid before starting your period?! I've heard of this just curious if it has the same effects??? Any info would be great!

TIA....---Megan

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
oaxaca3
by New Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:56 PM
I took clomid and only had hot flashes and I got pregnet the first time using it..hope that helps alittle
jconney80
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:03 PM
I don't have any experience but hopefully someone else will know =)
kpalmer21
by New Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:09 PM
I was diagnosed with pcos and went on clomid for almost a yr ttc and finally after upping clomid from 50mg to 100mg and adding a shot it worked. I had some moodiness but nothing bad.
mstark0821
by New Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I used Clomid for 1 year. I never used it before I started my period though. It's only supposed to be used at a specific time in your cycle because it works with or triggers hormones that deal with the release of the eggs. When my period wouldn't start, my health care provide prescribed another medication (I can't remember if it was Prometrium or Provera) that would induce the period. I only had to take it for a few days before my period would come and then I could use the Clomid as prescribed.

Hope that answers your question. Good luck as you ttc. 

musicaldoula
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:39 AM

Clomid is scarry stuff. Associated with increased incidence of either uterine or ovarian cancer (can't remember which one). I'd research a little further before I'd ever take it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)