Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone from Los Angelos?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:45 AM
  • 5 Replies

I am going to LA for my 27th bday ( in a month ) and being who I am I made an itinerary. We are staing at the Erwin on venice beach, so far I have hollywood stars, sign, window shop on rodeo drive and a few clubs...what else is there? I thought about the getty center but I dont think my friends would appreciate it the way I would lol Anyway, what do ppl do in LA? I have NEVER been to the west coast and would love to hear exciting things to check out while Im there!

And btw I am also looking to relocate. If I like it, it will be an option.

UPDATE: Hey everyone, thanks for the great advice! So far I have cancelled my trip to LA. I know this will sound silly, but with all these missing planes and planes getting shot down, and now this freak thunder storm on Venice beach that killed someone (not to mention theres a lawsuit against an airline for having craks in it or something) I just can NOT let go of my fear/anxiety that something bad will happen. Hopefully I can get over it and still go, I have until 24 hrs before I leave to cancel (my brother works for airport) but as of right now, I am just TOO freaked out...but the clubs I wanted to go to were either-The Standard, Opera, Area and either Lure, Bootsy Bellows, Playhouse, Supperclub,AV in Hollywood.

by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Happy early birthday!  It sounds like you have a fun time planned.

I live in Colorado and have only been to California twice.  Once when I was 5 and again about 8 years ago for 2 days.  Obviously I don't remember much about the first trip and the second was with kids of my own so we really only hit the beach and Disney Land.  lol

Have a great time!

W0RKINGM0M07
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Thanks!

Reina13
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Im not from LA but what about cultural centers and arts festivals. My good friend lives there and they have events all the time there. 

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi! Hope you have a great brithday! What clubs you going to?

Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Jul. 15, 2014 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Venice Beach is an awesome place to people watch. Taking one of those tours of stars' homes is fun. And if you have time definitely go to Malibu, to Zuma Beach and the Malibu Country Mart (a great place for seeing celebs).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN