Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

is it normal to feel this way

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 5:26 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hi I am 22 yrs old and a stay at home mom for my 13 month old daughter. I love it but sometimes well all the time for a while I have been battling low self esteem ever since I can remember and I'll run into an old classmate every now and then and it seems like they accomplished alot and they look great and Here I am I look tired wornout being a mom is a job itself but feel so down and I feel like i haven't even accomplished anything except bein a wife and mom which I lov3 it but idk I just idk anymore
by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 5:28 PM
2 moms liked this
If you feel that way, change it. If you want to look good, do it. If you want more out of life, go for it.
butterfly61806
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 5:31 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm 26 almost 27 and still feel that way. I have toremind myself that I did accomplish something two wonderful daughters and a family. It's that whole grass is greener thing. If I didn't have kids I could of went to college and graduated by now or if I worked I could be doing it all. Just know everyone's accomplishments are different. For all you know those classmates could be looking at you and your daughter thinking the same thing.
vmaynard192
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:35 PM
It's good to know that I'm not aloneto feel that way I just feel so guilty for thinking those things and I had just had to vent out I vent out to my mom all the time lol but I just thought maybe other women know where im coming from and im so glad I found CafeMom Thanks for your response I really appreciate it I feel better knowing I HAVE accomplished things thank you and God bless You.

Quoting butterfly61806: I'm 26 almost 27 and still feel that way. I have toremind myself that I did accomplish something two wonderful daughters and a family. It's that whole grass is greener thing. If I didn't have kids I could of went to college and graduated by now or if I worked I could be doing it all. Just know everyone's accomplishments are different. For all you know those classmates could be looking at you and your daughter thinking the same thing.
vmaynard192
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Sounds easier said than done but you are right. Don't know where to start but I'm sure God will show me thank you for your response God bless You

Quoting booaura: If you feel that way, change it. If you want to look good, do it. If you want more out of life, go for it.
butterfly61806
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Not really now but I use to think all the time what if I did go to that really nice college with scholarship instead of staying behind for stupid guy. The what if game of how my life could be. But putting in perspective that I wouldn't have my oldest wouldn't of met my husband had my youngest usually puts it in perspective. So today you may think how better about yourself you'd feel if you worked. But a year from now maybe sooner maybe later you may look back and think how better off the little one was with you staying home. I always think about how much more one on one time with me and quality time they get. I feel like it makes us closer.

Quoting vmaynard192: It's good to know that I'm not aloneto feel that way I just feel so guilty for thinking those things and I had just had to vent out I vent out to my mom all the time lol but I just thought maybe other women know where im coming from and im so glad I found CafeMom Thanks for your response I really appreciate it I feel better knowing I HAVE accomplished things thank you and God bless You.

Quoting butterfly61806: I'm 26 almost 27 and still feel that way. I have toremind myself that I did accomplish something two wonderful daughters and a family. It's that whole grass is greener thing. If I didn't have kids I could of went to college and graduated by now or if I worked I could be doing it all. Just know everyone's accomplishments are different. For all you know those classmates could be looking at you and your daughter thinking the same thing.
Luvbeinamommy10
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
That's how I felt I'm 22 and work part time as a pca I finally decided to make a change and enrolled into college to become a dental assistant if you do want to go back to school there are a lot of programs and people that can and will help you
vmaynard192
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:15 AM
I feelthat way about me and my little one close and I don't want to lose any time with her you really made think things alot deeper I always just tried to suck it up and bottle it up but now I feel like maybe I need to be more positive its hard but I'm glad things aren't as bad as I think.I really gotta get a hobby haha I think I think too much lol

Quoting butterfly61806: Not really now but I use to think all the time what if I did go to that really nice college with scholarship instead of staying behind for stupid guy. The what if game of how my life could be. But putting in perspective that I wouldn't have my oldest wouldn't of met my husband had my youngest usually puts it in perspective. So today you may think how better about yourself you'd feel if you worked. But a year from now maybe sooner maybe later you may look back and think how better off the little one was with you staying home. I always think about how much more one on one time with me and quality time they get. I feel like it makes us closer.

Quoting vmaynard192: It's good to know that I'm not aloneto feel that way I just feel so guilty for thinking those things and I had just had to vent out I vent out to my mom all the time lol but I just thought maybe other women know where im coming from and im so glad I found CafeMom Thanks for your response I really appreciate it I feel better knowing I HAVE accomplished things thank you and God bless You.

KRIZZ25
I HATE BEING ALONE..EVERY ONE HAD A SOME BODY.I HAVE A NO BODY .
Thursday at 7:47 PM
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:19 AM
u have lot more that some ppl have ..be grateful..some ppl whai that have what u have.
Peppy11
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:20 AM
The great news is that you are very young and have your whole life ahead of you. Yes, being a Mom will restrict some of your options, but there are still so many possibilities.

Do you have interests or dreams of what you'd like to do or be in addition to being a mom?
butterfly61806
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:09 AM
Definitely try and find something you can do during naps and after bedtime. I like latch hook rugs scrapbooking reading paint by numbers all crafty stuff. I also go to school online since baby was two months old. I graduate this Dec with an associates degree for early childhood education. I'll be doin going two more years for bachelor's.

Quoting vmaynard192: I feelthat way about me and my little one close and I don't want to lose any time with her you really made think things alot deeper I always just tried to suck it up and bottle it up but now I feel like maybe I need to be more positive its hard but I'm glad things aren't as bad as I think.I really gotta get a hobby haha I think I think too much lol

Quoting butterfly61806: Not really now but I use to think all the time what if I did go to that really nice college with scholarship instead of staying behind for stupid guy. The what if game of how my life could be. But putting in perspective that I wouldn't have my oldest wouldn't of met my husband had my youngest usually puts it in perspective. So today you may think how better about yourself you'd feel if you worked. But a year from now maybe sooner maybe later you may look back and think how better off the little one was with you staying home. I always think about how much more one on one time with me and quality time they get. I feel like it makes us closer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)