Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here...(July 23rd)

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 85 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveBug2408
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:33 AM
4 moms liked this

HI!  my name is CHerylle and i am a mother of a beautiful 5 year old son, named Isaiah.

I grew up in Boston Ma and currently reside north of boson. I met my signifigant (hopefully future husband a year and a half ago.

On my free time i love to research different things from home remedies to mermaids. haha

At the moment i am trying to stay focused on my home and school as well as finding a new job.

but me and my partner have been alittle careless in the bed lately and im alittle....or maybe alot nervous about what going on with my body. i got what seemed to be the start of my period on july 17 wich was alittle early, but it was very light pink and proceeded that way until sunday. my normal period lenghth is 7 days, first three very heavy. i been nauseous, light headed, bloated a bit hungry a bit more and very tired.  today i expierenced some heavy cramping for about 10 minutes while doing dishes and then it was over.  my mother says this could be implantation process. i went to the doctor today and the test was neg. she made an appt for 2 weeks from today. im going to go crazy for 2 more week! i just need to know like now lol sorry for the mouth full but thats whats on my mind. 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:19 AM
Welcome to the group! I hope everything turns out OK?

Quoting LoveBug2408:

HI!  my name is CHerylle and i am a mother of a beautiful 5 year old son, named Isaiah.

I grew up in Boston Ma and currently reside north of boson. I met my signifigant (hopefully future husband a year and a half ago.

On my free time i love to research different things from home remedies to mermaids. haha

At the moment i am trying to stay focused on my home and school as well as finding a new job.

but me and my partner have been alittle careless in the bed lately and im alittle....or maybe alot nervous about what going on with my body. i got what seemed to be the start of my period on july 17 wich was alittle early, but it was very light pink and proceeded that way until sunday. my normal period lenghth is 7 days, first three very heavy. i been nauseous, light headed, bloated a bit hungry a bit more and very tired.  today i expierenced some heavy cramping for about 10 minutes while doing dishes and then it was over.  my mother says this could be implantation process. i went to the doctor today and the test was neg. she made an appt for 2 weeks from today. im going to go crazy for 2 more week! i just need to know like now lol sorry for the mouth full but thats whats on my mind. 

happyhousewyfe
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:37 AM
5 moms liked this
Hi!y name is Sonja and I have been a stay at home mom and pretty much a recluse for 12 years. I can't believe I accidentally found this page! I am so excited to find others connect with. Life's trials have left me kind of lonely in the relateable friend department! :( I am so excited to meet some moms!

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?
I have 3 boys. Ages 22, 11 1/2 & 6 1/2.

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?
I grew up in S WI and live 10 miles from where i did as a child.

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?
I met my husband through mutual friends from my home town.

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?
Sit on my deck and just take in my beautiful yard and watch and listen to the universe.

5. What's on your mind today?
I so need real friends. :(
lagrizakato
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:05 AM
3 moms liked this

Hello, everyone!  I am 43, and I have 6 kids (ages 25(b), 23(b), 22(g), 17(b), 15(g), and 9(g)) and 3 grandkids (4, 2, and 1), with another grandbaby and a surprise baby of my own on the way, due 9 days apart in February, as crazy as that sounds. This is my husband's first baby.

I grew up in central Delaware. I live in Johnstown, PA for right now-- the house is going up for sale, though, and we'll likely be moving elsewhere in western PA. 

What's on my mind today? Several things. I am worried about the rate of miscarriage for my age and the upcoming screenings for the baby. I am a full-time student with 2 semesters to go, wondering if I will ever finish now. My 15 year old is having some kind of gender identity crisis. My husband is out of town tonight and tomorrow, and I miss him already. You know, just a lot of real life stuff, like everyone else.  

So... Nice to meet you all. 

nelly101
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Hello Everyone~

I'm Danielle. I have a one year old daughter named Kaelyn. We live in New Zealand. I'm originally from the Philippines but my family moved here when I was 16. I'm so glad we did because our life here is really nice and relaxing. I'm a stay at home mom, well sort of. I do paper runs around the neighborhood every now and then to earn extra cash while I look for a permanent job. 

Whenever I get free time, I usually blog or look at jobs or look at house. I'm a little obssessed with looking for houses eventhough we just moved recently. I don't why, I guess I just want to see what's out there or what we may have missed. I am also always looking for inspirations for home decors and such. I'm really bad at decorating things. This is our first house together with my partner and daughter and I want it to be beautiful. Apart from taking care of my daughter and doing house chores, that's pretty much what I do. We sometimes go out for walks. We live by the esplanade so we often see people kayak or paraglide and the such. 

:)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Cherylle,
Will you do a test at home while waiting?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting LoveBug2408:

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Sonja,
Is your oldest still at home with you?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting happyhousewyfe: Hi!y name is Sonja and I have been a stay at home mom and pretty much a recluse for 12 years. I can't believe I accidentally found this page! I am so excited to find others connect with. Life's trials have left me kind of lonely in the relateable friend department! :( I am so excited to meet some moms! 1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? I have 3 boys. Ages 22, 11 1/2 & 6 1/2. 2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I grew up in S WI and live 10 miles from where i did as a child. 3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? I met my husband through mutual friends from my home town. 4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? Sit on my deck and just take in my beautiful yard and watch and listen to the universe. 5. What's on your mind today? I so need real friends. :(

hugss

by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Congrats on being pregnant!   Found out the gender yet?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting lagrizakato:

Hello, everyone!  I am 43, and I have 6 kids (ages 25(b), 23(b), 22(g), 17(b), 15(g), and 9(g)) and 3 grandkids (4, 2, and 1), with another grandbaby and a surprise baby of my own on the way, due 9 days apart in February, as crazy as that sounds. This is my husband's first baby.

I grew up in central Delaware. I live in Johnstown, PA for right now-- the house is going up for sale, though, and we'll likely be moving elsewhere in western PA. 

What's on my mind today? Several things. I am worried about the rate of miscarriage for my age and the upcoming screenings for the baby. I am a full-time student with 2 semesters to go, wondering if I will ever finish now. My 15 year old is having some kind of gender identity crisis. My husband is out of town tonight and tomorrow, and I miss him already. You know, just a lot of real life stuff, like everyone else.  

So... Nice to meet you all. 

hugss

by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Danielle,
How are you doing today?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting nelly101:

Hello Everyone~

I'm Danielle. I have a one year old daughter named Kaelyn. We live in New Zealand. I'm originally from the Philippines but my family moved here when I was 16. I'm so glad we did because our life here is really nice and relaxing. I'm a stay at home mom, well sort of. I do paper runs around the neighborhood every now and then to earn extra cash while I look for a permanent job. 

Whenever I get free time, I usually blog or look at jobs or look at house. I'm a little obssessed with looking for houses eventhough we just moved recently. I don't why, I guess I just want to see what's out there or what we may have missed. I am also always looking for inspirations for home decors and such. I'm really bad at decorating things. This is our first house together with my partner and daughter and I want it to be beautiful. Apart from taking care of my daughter and doing house chores, that's pretty much what I do. We sometimes go out for walks. We live by the esplanade so we often see people kayak or paraglide and the such. 

:)

surfobx
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Good Morning! Technically I'm not new here, I just haven't logged on in a couple of years so I guess I should reintroduce myself. My name is Nicole, I'm 31 years old, and I live in Richmond, Va. I'm a stay at home mommy to 3 amazing little boys that have completely changed my life. My story is a different one as I have a blended family.

I'll start with my oldest, Maddox. He is 8 years old and is a very special little boy. I am so happy God picked me to raise such an amazing kid. Maddox has Pervasive Developmental Delay (an Autism Spectrum Disorder), Speech Apraxia (he is non-verbal), and mild Cerebral Palsy. To say our life has been easy would be a lie but I can say it has been rewarding and has made me the person I am today. He had severe Acid Reflux as a newborn and because he threw up the first few weeks of life, he lost most of his muscle tone and had a very weak immune system. His first year was all about getting healthy and getting strong. There were no milestones. But that did not bother me one bit. Like I said, I am happy God picked me...not just anyone can raise a special needs child. So when there was a milestone, it was a HUGE deal! We practically had a party haha! No one has ever taught me more than this little boy has. He is the happiest, sweetest, most helpful, caring little boy. He doesn't let his disabilities define him or hold him back. He's very smart and does great at school. He goes outside with his younger brother to play with the neighbors and he keeps right up with them. They don't care that he can't talk or is special needs, they include him in everything! I had Maddox in a previous relationship though his father has never been in his life. My boyfriend and I have been together for 5 years and as far as Maddox knows, that IS his father and we're ok with that.

Second is my step-son, Gabe. He is 6 years old and came into my life when my boyfriend and I started dating. He was 1 years old (almost 2) and I was instantly amazed by this sweet boy. He is wise beyond his years. When he first met Maddox, he never asked why he can't talk or what's wrong with him, he just played toys with him like he would any other child. And that is what has made him the sweet little boy he is today. He is caring, sensitive, and helpful. He won't let anyone mess with his big brother or any other special needs child for that matter. He has a heart of gold and is smart to boot! He's going into 1st grade and is already reading at a 2nd grade level :-) His real mom was absent in his life for the first 5 years so I raised him and claim him as my own!! She has just recently decided to become somewhat active in his life and I'm still trying to get used to it.

Last but certaintly not least, is my sweet baby boy, John Thomas. He is 6 months old today. It has been a joy from the very beginning, even though my pregnancy was less than ideal. Our first two boys weren't planned and were with people that turned out to be not so perfect for us so my bf and I were very excited to plan to have a baby and be 100% ready. He is my little miracle baby as he had a rough start to life. I was induced a week early because I had Polyhydriminos (extra fluid in the womb) and they were worried he would flip over and be breech....he had THAT much extra room in there...I was huge LoL! Three hours after they started labor, my water broke and my body thought it was time to push even though I was only 3 cm and the placenta seperated from my uterus so I started bleeding out. Luckily, my sister was in there with my bf and I and she noticed the puddle of blood under my bed. My bf quickly alerted the nurse and in that short period of time, I lost A LOT of blood. Within 2 minutes there were 10 drs and nurses in my room and they told me I had to have an emergency C-section. I was terrified. They rushed me to the OR and immediately cut me open to get to John Thomas. He wasn't breathing. I remember seeing the papers the next day....1 second not breathing, 5 seconds not breathing, 10 seconds not breathing. They had to breathe for him and then he finally let out that loud cry I was laying there waiting to hear. He was only on the ventilator for 30 mins and in the NICU for less than 24 hours. I have never been so scared in my life (and I've been through a lot) and it wasn't until later, when the drugs wore off, that I realized I almost lost my baby. I cried most of that second night because I couldn't believe how lucky I was to be holding him. I was also lucky in that I was still alive. I lost so much blood they almost had to do a blood transfusion. Also, I've had two previous surgeries....a 15 lb tumor when I was 15 years old and emergency surgery 4 years later to remove scar tissue...so since I was in the OR already, they put me to sleep and removed a lot of scar tissue. They were also very nice to cut back into my scar so I wouldn't have a new one! It was a very scary expierence for both me and my family as I was open for 3 hours and my family had no idea what was going on because they rushed me out of the delivery room. With so much going on I guess they forgot to come talk to them. My mom was not too happy and after an hour of nothing, she went and found the nurse. I guess ignorance is bliss because they brought me back in my room and I was just happy-go-lucky (maybe it was the drugs) and all of both our families were in there. Little did I know that my son and I almost lost our lives. I strongly believe that God puts people and events in our lives for a reason. He knows who His strongest children are and constantly tests them to keep them moving forward. That's why He keeps throwing things my way. And I'm ok with that! Back to John Thomas....I am having such a wonderful expierence raising an "on time child". I'm happy that God also gave me this opportunity to expierence the joys of raising different kinds of children. John Thomas is a very active, happy, and goofy baby. Ever since he first started moving in my belly, he has been non-stop!!! He kicked me night and day and now at 6 months is doing that more than ever! He's on his way to crawling now, since he discovered he can scoot across the floor. We're working on sitting up and he is very strong and will be doing it on his own very soon. His favorite past time is eating haha!! He has always been a great eater. I stopped nursing at 3 months becuase I just couldn't keep up with him...I wasn't making enough milk. So at 4 months, he started drinking 2 6 oz bottles a day and 4 4 oz bottles a day. At 5 months, he started eating baby oatmeal and baby food. Now at 6 months, he's eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner while still having a bottle every 3 hours! He's a big boy to say the least! The dr said he's growing really good and is already in the 75th percentile for height!!

Sorry this has been so long. I hope someone was interested enough to read about me and if so, thank you! I have many more stories as my life has been full of ups and downs. I don't regret one thing though because it's made me be the strong willed, head strong, independent woman I am today. I look forward to connecting with some of you since I don't get out much and don't get to get together with my friends like I used to. Have a great Wednesday everyone :-)

www.maddoxandmommy.blogspot.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN