Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today's new members are introducing themselves here...(July 27th)

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 49 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eLLasmama142
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:55 AM
4 moms liked this
Am I the first? Maybe because I have insomnia tonight!
I found cafe mom through another website. There was an ad and I clicked! I am not knew to online forums but new to cafe mom.

I have one daughter who just turned 5 and is starting kindergarten in the fall. I also have a stepdaughter who is 12 and is going in to the 7th grade.

I grew up in Maine and relocated to Connecticut about 10 years ago. I am 34 years old and my husband is 40. We have been married for almost 7 years.

I met my husband through mutual friends. I moved here and didn't really know anyone except a couple of extended family and new co-workers. After a couple of years, someone introduced us at a summer BBQ.

I do not get a whole lot of time to myself these days. I am a stay at home mom and my days largely revolve around my daughter. Once she starts school, I plan to redecorate my home and take a class - maybe art or sewing. Maybe cooking. I try, but I am not a very good cook...

I do not have a lot on my mind right now except that it is 3AM and I am still awake. The house is quiet so that is nice.

I look forward to chatting with new friends!
Emilysmomma14
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:38 AM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I am the proud momma of a beautiful three month old girl named Emily.

My partner and I plan on having one more child in the next couple of years, but for now we are soaking up every precious second with our first little one.

I am a home maker first and foremost but I do have a part time job for the extra spending money and my partner runs a restaurant.

We keep pretty busy so I thought this group would be fun to join for those late nights when I just need to unwind.
~Rachael
ChristinaZ.
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I stumbled upon this site because Facebook was advertising it and it seemed like a good idea. I graduated at 17, got married at 18, and got pregnant at 19. I now have a beautiful baby girl and I'm a stay at home mom/housewife. Friends are scarce these days and have been for a while. Call me old fashioned but I still believe in the commitment of marriage and relationships and my old crew couldn't respect that.

My babygirl, Amelia, is 1 month old and is an only child. She doesn't do too much yet. She smiles a lot and grabs stuff.

I grew up in Fouke, Arkansas and now I live in Doddridge, Arkansas. (Small town girl)

I met my husband in highschool.

I've been trying to start a photography business in my spare time. And of course I play with Amelia every time she's awake and willing to play.

I don't have much ony mind tonight. All is well in this home.
jlz1987
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:45 AM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

1) Hello my name is Jessica Z. I am 27 yrs old and I have 2 sons Konnor is 8 and Kurtis will be 5 on Sept. 25th :-)
LisaB0731
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi, everyone! I'm Lisa, (almost 39 yrs old), married for the first time almost a year ago (8-12-13) with 3 step kids. My husband and I have been together for 4+ years. We've known each other since we were teenagers, as he was one of my older brother's friends. We moved in together very quickly this time around, since he was driving an hour one way to see me every evening after work. And... here we are! 

Our relationship has always been pretty good, for the most part. However, we have had a TON of stressors along the way. First off, my Mom is 75 yrs old, has frontal lobe dementia, and she lives with us. She had 2 strokes when I was 19 yrs old, and I have been here caregiver every since. It's rough, but I do it. You only get one Mom :) Second, my Husband has 3 kids. 2 with his ex wife, and then the oldest with a former long-term relationship. 

My husband became unable to work 2 1/2 years ago due to illness. He has LARGE child support orders as he was making great money at the time these orders were put into place.  He is in the process of fighting the good fight for disability, so he has NO income. I have stayed on top of sending status letters and updates to the CSEA but they have still managed to suspend his driver's license and threaten jail time. His ex wife actually kept the 2 youngest (10 and 12 yrs old) away for 4 mos! UGH!

This leads me to whine about me here. lol I work full time plus clean for my Father In Law on Saturdays to try to make ends meet. I am an LPN and I make good money but it's just not enough most times :( Especially when all 3 kids are here and they eat us out of house and home! lol

So that's the basics on me... feel free to ask me questions or offer advice. I'm an open book :) 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:38 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:32 AM

WElcome to CafeMom,
Aww what time did you finally get to sleep?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting eLLasmama142: Am I the first? Maybe because I have insomnia tonight! I found cafe mom through another website. There was an ad and I clicked! I am not knew to online forums but new to cafe mom. I have one daughter who just turned 5 and is starting kindergarten in the fall. I also have a stepdaughter who is 12 and is going in to the 7th grade. I grew up in Maine and relocated to Connecticut about 10 years ago. I am 34 years old and my husband is 40. We have been married for almost 7 years. I met my husband through mutual friends. I moved here and didn't really know anyone except a couple of extended family and new co-workers. After a couple of years, someone introduced us at a summer BBQ. I do not get a whole lot of time to myself these days. I am a stay at home mom and my days largely revolve around my daughter. Once she starts school, I plan to redecorate my home and take a class - maybe art or sewing. Maybe cooking. I try, but I am not a very good cook... I do not have a lot on my mind right now except that it is 3AM and I am still awake. The house is quiet so that is nice. I look forward to chatting with new friends!

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Rachael,
What a little cutie she is!  Is she ssleeping through the night yet?  Great to meet you :)

Quoting Emilysmomma14:

Mobile Photo

I am the proud momma of a beautiful three month old girl named Emily. My partner and I plan on having one more child in the next couple of years, but for now we are soaking up every precious second with our first little one. I am a home maker first and foremost but I do have a part time job for the extra spending money and my partner runs a restaurant. We keep pretty busy so I thought this group would be fun to join for those late nights when I just need to unwind. ~Rachael

hugss

by Sapphire Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Oh how darling she is!  How is it going with your new little one?  nice to meet you :)

Quoting ChristinaZ.:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I stumbled upon this site because Facebook was advertising it and it seemed like a good idea. I graduated at 17, got married at 18, and got pregnant at 19. I now have a beautiful baby girl and I'm a stay at home mom/housewife. Friends are scarce these days and have been for a while. Call me old fashioned but I still believe in the commitment of marriage and relationships and my old crew couldn't respect that. My babygirl, Amelia, is 1 month old and is an only child. She doesn't do too much yet. She smiles a lot and grabs stuff. I grew up in Fouke, Arkansas and now I live in Doddridge, Arkansas. (Small town girl) I met my husband in highschool. I've been trying to start a photography business in my spare time. And of course I play with Amelia every time she's awake and willing to play. I don't have much ony mind tonight. All is well in this home.

hugss

by Sapphire Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Jessica,
Such good looking sons you  have!  Where do you al live?  nice to meet you :)

Quoting jlz1987:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

1) Hello my name is Jessica Z. I am 27 yrs old and I have 2 sons Konnor is 8 and Kurtis will be 5 on Sept. 25th :-)

hugss

by Sapphire Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Lisa,
Aww that's nice you take care of your Mom like that
Sounds like you have a lot on your plate :(
No way to get the support amount changed now?
Hugs to you & nice to meet you :)

Quoting LisaB0731:

Hi, everyone! I'm Lisa, (almost 39 yrs old), married for the first time almost a year ago (8-12-13) with 3 step kids. My husband and I have been together for 4+ years. We've known each other since we were teenagers, as he was one of my older brother's friends. We moved in together very quickly this time around, since he was driving an hour one way to see me every evening after work. And... here we are! 

Our relationship has always been pretty good, for the most part. However, we have had a TON of stressors along the way. First off, my Mom is 75 yrs old, has frontal lobe dementia, and she lives with us. She had 2 strokes when I was 19 yrs old, and I have been here caregiver every since. It's rough, but I do it. You only get one Mom :) Second, my Husband has 3 kids. 2 with his ex wife, and then the oldest with a former long-term relationship. 

My husband became unable to work 2 1/2 years ago due to illness. He has LARGE child support orders as he was making great money at the time these orders were put into place.  He is in the process of fighting the good fight for disability, so he has NO income. I have stayed on top of sending status letters and updates to the CSEA but they have still managed to suspend his driver's license and threaten jail time. His ex wife actually kept the 2 youngest (10 and 12 yrs old) away for 4 mos! UGH!

This leads me to whine about me here. lol I work full time plus clean for my Father In Law on Saturdays to try to make ends meet. I am an LPN and I make good money but it's just not enough most times :( Especially when all 3 kids are here and they eat us out of house and home! lol

So that's the basics on me... feel free to ask me questions or offer advice. I'm an open book :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)