razor burnSick of shaving your legs? Well you're in luck, because hairy legs on women is in style this summer. Not since the summer of 1915 have we seen such a warm, welcome embrace of hirsute gams. All of a sudden, women everywhere are throwing down their razors and waxing kits and saying NO MORE. No longer will we be slaves to hair removal and razor burn. It's time to liberate leg hair!

Two Tumblrs, Hairy Legs Club and Very Hairy Legs, have inspired thousands of women to stop shaving and waxing their legs -- or at least change the way they feel about staying hairy. And there's also a Facebook group, WANG (Women Against Non-essential Grooming). The thing is, some women can't shave for health reasons, others can't keep up with the growth, and still more feel like we just shouldn't feel pressured to shave if/when we don't want to. There are a million different reasons for ladies to go fuzzy, so we decided to let a few speak for themselves through some of our favorite quotes and photos from the Tumblrs.

Very Hairy Legs

Being Hairy Always Made Me Self-Conscious

"I've always been so self conscious of my legs. Even when I shave them, the hair is so dark and thick that the stubble is very visible. Even in the summer, I always wear jeans because I'm afraid of what people will think about me. Between my hair, my big thighs, and my knee scars, I've been too afraid. Seeing so many beautiful women who are proud of their wonderful legs is fantastic. I still have a lot of work myself to get confidence, but this really helps me." Anonymous via Very Hairy Legs (not her legs pictured)

Hairy Legs Are Like Rays of Sunshine

Very Hairy Legs

Hairy Legs Are Like Rays of Sunshine

"My best friend told me that the hairs on my legs were like little rays of sunshine. It made me feel so happy and I wanted to share that with of the rest of you." bostonfooins via Very Hairy Legs (her legs not pictued here)

I Have Come to Love My Hairy Legs

Hairy Legs Club

I Have Come to Love My Hairy Legs

"I have come to love my hairy legs," says a Hairy Legs Club follower (her legs shown in photo). "Thanks to this site, I will never shave again."

Very Hairy Legs

Being Hairy Makes It Hard to Feel Normal

"Thankyou!! I have been struggling feeling 'normal' with the amount of leg and tummy hair I grow. It feels like a consistent state of plucking/waxing/shaving and it literally drives me crazy sometimes. When I don't shave my legs and armpits, even my mom thinks it's gross and tells me to shave and that kinda makes me sad. This blog makes me feel a lot better in a society that portrays women as being hairless 99% of the time!" Anonymous via Very Hairy Legs

Shave Only if You Want To

Hairy Legs Club

Shave Only if You Want To

How cute is this little doodle scribbled on her leg? "take pride in every lil hair abt u, if u choose," says another member of the Hairy Legs Club.

Hairy Legs Club

With Hairy Legs, I Feel More Feminine Than Ever

"I have hairy legs, and to be honest I feel more ‘feminine’ than ever!" says Becca on Hairy Legs Club.

Do you think it's becoming more acceptable for women to not shave their legs? How do you feel about body hair grooming?

Image ©iStock.com/Artfoliophoto