Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Debating on having a third because of my previous delivery.

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:30 PM
  • 6 Replies
My husband and I want to have a third, but I am back and fourth on having a third because of what happened to my last delivery. I had two c sections. My first was an emergency and my second we scheduled the c section. My second c section was rough he was stuck, it took longer then what it should. At recovery I was fine when I got to my postpartum room i was very light headed and dizzy to the point I couldn't keep my head up. I was vomiting and given a pillow to splint on my incision. 2 hours after my c section the cna did the vitals and kept asking me if I was in any pain, I kept telling her no just very dizzy. As she was talking to me I picked up the pillow that was on my incision and it looked like someone stabbed me. I thought my incision just opened up until I had 15 medical staff in my room and telling me that I am hemorrhaging!! Everything turned out fine I lost a lot of blood didn't need a blood transfusion but came close to it. The doctors it feel didn't give me a real explation on why this happen , they said that it can just happen. The only thing I can think of is the day after I was passing placenta tissue and they didn't Clean me out good enough. I would like to try for a third but Im still freaked out, I still have post traumatic stress just thinking about it and my son is going to be 3 in September.
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaBearEH
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:28 AM
I would consider two things...

1. Are you comfortable with a VBAC?
2. Are you willing to go through another c-section?

If you aren't comfortable giving birth or having your child delivered I would look into adoption. Your emotions will all be heightened, so if you're doubting it now that will be worse when your pregnant. It's ok to not want to put yourself in that position again. It's also ok to wait until you've dealt with the trauma. There is no time like you should be over it in a year or something. Everyone is different.
MixedCooke
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I miscarried 3 years ago and because I was so far along, I needed surgery to remove the baby, which occurred on my hubby's birthday and the miscarriage occurred the weekend of Mother's Day and my birthday.  Shit happens!  Im currently pregnant with our third and yes I have been antsy the whole way but our family just didnt feel complete.  NO GUTS, NO GLORY!

Notafollower
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:31 AM

I agree with this.

Have you seen anyone to try to deal with what happened? A counselor perhaps?

Quoting MamaBearEH: I would consider two things... 1. Are you comfortable with a VBAC? 2. Are you willing to go through another c-section? If you aren't comfortable giving birth or having your child delivered I would look into adoption. Your emotions will all be heightened, so if you're doubting it now that will be worse when your pregnant. It's ok to not want to put yourself in that position again. It's also ok to wait until you've dealt with the trauma. There is no time like you should be over it in a year or something. Everyone is different.

BluesPagan2.0
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:35 AM

If you feel you have PTSD the first thing you need to do is seek counseling.  Go talk to someone or join a group of women who have had traumatic birthing experiences.

Don't put yourself through more emotional stress before you are ready.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Oh wow.  I'd be pretty iffy on having another baby after that as well, especially since there were no real answers as to why it happened.

I think I'd consult with another doctor, letting them know about your past history, before deciding on anything for certain.

needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 3:38 PM
I had 3 c-sections. Each and everyone I had a different "reaction". With my first it was an emergency because he was stuck. I had zero problems other than the normal pain. With my 2nd (scheduled) I had the shakes and sweats profusely after her birth. I was in the recovery room and just cold not stop shaking for anything. The nurse said it could be normal for some women. Your body just goes through a shock and sometimes that's how it reacts. With my 3rd (another scheduled one) I had pain in one oft shoulders. Which sounds stupid but it hurt so bad. It felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife. Turns out it was just a pocket of air that resolved itself. Again the doctor said it could be normal. I guess my point is that every c-section can be totally different even for the same woman. It's normal that you have anxiety about it. But I would say don't let it stop you from having another baby. The doctors now have record of your last one and they will be extra cautious to make sure it doesn't happen again. Your actually probably safer with this delivery because they have a heads up that your body night react this way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN