Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

You only change your sheets every couple of months??

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:13 AM
  • 135 Replies

I had a conversation at work this week with a few of my friends about how often we change out bedding. I and several of my friends say they should be changed once a week, once every two weeks at least. But a couple of my younger friends (I'm talking 28, so not teenagers!) said they change theirs every couple of months to every four or five months. Ditto their towels because "they are clean when they get out of the shower".

Bleah. How often to wash your sheets and towels?

by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BluesPagan2.0
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Right now I am seriously behind but that is because we had a lot happen and ended up not being home for a while.  But I do my sheets and such every week.  Just like laundry.  Which I need to now get caught up on.   Laundry and packing to move...hooray!

loveyourenemy
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Every 3rd day I take the cloths and towels out of the bathroom and put clean ones in. Once a week I wash our bed sheets. Sometimes it's 2 weeks if I have a crazy week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeachQuean
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:41 AM

i do my sheets every second day and my blankets, as well as my kids full bedding and even the spare room in which no one sleeps in that often. lol 

My towels are used one day only each. But we all shower twice a day, so used twice and tossed for laundry. 

.Mana.
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Towels are washed after two or three uses. Sheets are changed usually once a week, but sometimes longer if there's a lot going on. Months in the same sheet sounds pretty gross :/ Mine starts to feel icky after a week or so, I would never want to touch a used sheet that's being slept in (among other things..) every night for months without being washed. 

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

towels I wash after each use.. the minute I get out of the shower and dry off, it goes straight into the hamper..

sheets.. it varies.. I havent' changed my bedroom sheets in probably 2 months, because I don't have AC in there right now, and I'm trying to box everything in there up, so I can paint/carpet the room.. so I haven't really slept in my own bedroom.. The guest bedroom I've changed twice now in the last month.. because I've mostly slept in there. 

The kids sheets vary as well.. my youngest likes to crawl into bed with me more often than not.. (she's 3). so if she only sleeps in it once or twice a week, I don't bother changing it for a while (unless she has an accident of course). my oldest, I change about every week to every other week. 

Clishmaclaver
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:46 AM
2 moms liked this
I have my family use a towel for a couple days then I wash them. Idk I do a few loads of towels a week still. Bedding I'm not so great at. I try and do it every couple of weeks but sometimes I forget. Usually, they get change though if not washed.
purplemonkey702
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:49 AM
2 moms liked this

towels are every 2 weeks, sheets are when i feel like it,

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:04 AM
5 moms liked this

I wash sheets every week. If I win the lottery, I will have a housekeeper, and she will change sheets and towels daily!!! I love the feel of clean sheets.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Towels and pillowcases are weekly, sheets and blankets are monthly. DH & I put a towel down when we have sex so the sheets aren't getting gross from that. (If we forget I wash the sheets the next day.)

emljbc544
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Towels are a weekly wash however there is usually 2 per person by the end of the week and I wash them. And sheets and bedding are also a weekly but I have a habit of washing them and then putting them back on and forgetting to rotate sets. Baby blanket since they go everywhere are changed daily but washed weekly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN