Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How many places have you lived?

Posted by   + Show Post

How many places have you lived?  What states/countries have you lived in? 

I've lived in Colorado for the majority of my life, though I did spend a year in Ireland (in County Cork) when I was 16.  That was a lot of fun, and every once in a while I still get homesick for it.

spinning globe

by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:55 AM
Replies (341-350):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:44 PM

I don't think that's moving a lot.  lol

Quoting KairisMama:

Illinois my whole life

I've lived in 6 different suburbs and 9 different homes. We moved a lot, as my parents liked new houses. :p

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:44 PM

How did you like Scotland?  I'd love to visit there.

Quoting Mummy2Connor:

I'ved lived in two different cities in California, 3 different cities in Washington State, one city in Alabama and two different towns in Scottland.

I've also moved 21 times in my life.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:45 PM

I don't think we did.  It was a long time ago though, so it's possible.  I think we were just excited that at 14 & 16 (my brother was 14) we were allowed to gamble.  lol

Quoting autodidact:

yeah, I loved Galway, I felt at home the minute I stepped off the train. Did you go to Sally Longs, the pub with the great rock and roll "last supper" mural? 

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Not just a summer, a whole year! 

Isn't Galway gorgeous?  Dublin is neat too, but there's no where like Galway.

Quoting autodidact:

33 or 37, if you count changing units and the two theatres I used to crash at. 

orange county, bay area, oregon, big sur, santa cruz, silicon valley and washington. 

SOOOO envious that you spent a summer in Ireland! I had only a week for both Galway and Dublin. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:45 PM

I'm sure you do.

Quoting kiwiskiwi29:

Other than the summers it's not bad. I still miss being near the beaches and always will.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

How do you like it in AZ?

Quoting kiwiskiwi29:

I was born and raised in California and lived there up until a year ago. I now live in Arizona.

ARACMOM
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:46 PM
I live southeast of Phoenix

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Isn't AZ pretty?  What part are you in?

Quoting ARACMOM: Grew up in NJ and lived in NC, SC and now AZ

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely makes it better.  lol

Quoting DanaG70:

I was born at Fort Carson Army base in Colorado... does that make it better? lol

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

I'm so sorry.... lol  I really dislike Kansas and Nebraska, but I'm a Colorado girl. ;)

Quoting DanaG70: Colorado, Washington, England, Virginia, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, and Michigan. We live in Nebraska now, but I consider myself a Kansas girl, that is the state I lived the longest. Almost 20 years. I've also visit many of the states.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Oh no!  That must've been so hard.

Quoting purplemonkey702:

we had moved to ohio for my husbands job, 6 months later he was laid off so we had to go live with his sister in WV. When we visited my inlaws for christmas, they offered to let us come live with them. Then dh got a good job in CT and we moved again.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Why such short times in OH, WV and NC?

Quoting purplemonkey702:

massachusetts for 23 years(born and raised), ohio for 6 months,west virginia for 3 months, north carolina for 8 months, and connecticut for just over 3 years now.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

No, there's not much to do in Canon City, lol.

Quoting anzm33: It was alright I liked how it could be extremely hot but no humidity so it did not feel bad it was very rocky/desert feeling which is not my taste.. the views on the mountain overlooking the town were great however there was not much to do there though. Everyone went and hung out on "main street" for fun when I lived there I do not miss that at all. My favorite place was California the development I lived in was build up the side of a hill with lots of trees I loved to wake up before it became real hot out and walk my dog daily. The scenic views of the Napa Valley were just amazing!
Quoting Cafe AmyS:

How did you like Canon City?

Quoting anzm33: Born & raised in central Pennsylvania, lived a year in Long Island New York. Lived a year in Canon City Colorado, Lived a year in Middletown California, and lived 12 years now in Northern Illinois.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Nice.  I have friends in the Awahtooke (spelling?) area.

Quoting ARACMOM: I live southeast of Phoenix
Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Isn't AZ pretty?  What part are you in?

Quoting ARACMOM: Grew up in NJ and lived in NC, SC and now AZ

purplemonkey702
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:48 PM

living with dh's family defintiely was. nothing i did was good enough. my FIL went so far as to tell my husband that feeding our daughter is my job because he is the man.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Oh no!  That must've been so hard.

Quoting purplemonkey702:

we had moved to ohio for my husbands job, 6 months later he was laid off so we had to go live with his sister in WV. When we visited my inlaws for christmas, they offered to let us come live with them. Then dh got a good job in CT and we moved again.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Why such short times in OH, WV and NC?

Quoting purplemonkey702:

massachusetts for 23 years(born and raised), ohio for 6 months,west virginia for 3 months, north carolina for 8 months, and connecticut for just over 3 years now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)