Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sitting in park and heard a kid say..

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:19 PM
  • 192 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I'm with my friend and our kids, and I hear a kid sitting near us telling his mom, loudly, to shut the f**K up. He looks maybe 4. So after chasing him down, the mom takes him to the bathroom. The kid came out happy, obviously had not been at the business end of an ass whopping, and went back to playing. Her response walking back to her seat to the people with her, " Yeah, I discipline my kid, *giggle*" Lady are you out of your freakin mind???? Does anyone else find this repulsive that a 4 yr. old not only talks like this but that his mother does nothing about it???Do your kids talk like that???

by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
breezy8445
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I accidentally said b!#$ch in front of my 2 year old when I dropped a pot on my foot he said it right after twice but I ignored it and he hasn't said it since. Other than that no
my.sonshine
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:25 PM
4 moms liked this
he learned it somewhere..
Court112
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:48 PM

My duaghter is only 3 months so no but my sister has a 11 and 3 year old and her kids do not use words like that but the oldest gets sassy and screams "dont talk to me" or "leave me alone" so the 3 year old picks up on it and says it too. I would not be happy if my daughter talked to me like that as if she runs the house or can make the rules and tell me to leave her alone. 

jomami
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 5:28 PM
3 moms liked this

Maybe she did something about it - like threatened him big time.  She may have taken him into the bathroom and told him that if he ever cursed or talked to her like that again he was going to be in big trouble, etc...

The kid may be mimicing what he's hearing at home and at 4 doesn't realize what is inappropriate for him to say.  Igf the dad talks that way or the mom talks that way at home (which someone must be doing), he needs to know that he can't repeat this stuff,.  If the dad is rude to the mom and she puts up with it, he needs to know that he can't talk that way, too.

lady21784
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Thats nothing. I checked my fb page earlier and a friend shared a video from whoever about kids at a party dancing like hootches and bending over for boys. It was.....omg aweful. The kids look like they were between 1 to 12. It was waaay bad.
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:44 PM
6 moms liked this

How do you know she did absolutely nothing? When mine were younger, and they weren't behaving if I took them into a bathroom and gave them the low down (not a spanking) one of the things I'd tell them before we re-emerged was to change their attitude and be happy, or we'd go home and they'd have a time out, (or go to bed early). Wanna see how fast a cranky kid can get happy?

Retrokitty
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:47 PM
9 moms liked this
He's only saying what he's hearing.

You don't need to hit a child to discipline them.
shawtycain
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Chloe is 2. She already know not to talk to me like that unless she wants to wash her mouth out with soap and a slap

Quoting lexasmommy411:

So I'm with my friend and our kids, and I hear a kid sitting near us telling his mom, loudly, to shut the f**K up. He looks maybe 4. So after chasing him down, the mom takes him to the bathroom. The kid came out happy, obviously had not been at the business end of an ass whopping, and went back to playing. Her response walking back to her seat to the people with her, " Yeah, I discipline my kid, *giggle*" Lady are you out of your freakin mind???? Does anyone else find this repulsive that a 4 yr. old not only talks like this but that his mother does nothing about it???Do your kids talk like that???

acrogodess
by Lissette on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:58 PM
4 moms liked this
Nope. My kids don't talk to me like that. I wouldn't tolerate it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbabes210-111
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:58 PM
My daughter used to when her bio dad was around cause he told her to and thought it was funny. Now she's four and my husband/her daddy may say something like a** and she'll be like you mean butt. She knows better. Smart girl!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN