• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!!!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:23 AM
  • 4 Replies
My little guy is 13 weeks old, he was sleeping great at night and then suddenly BAM he's not wanting to sleep at night. Ive read about this whole sleep regression phase and to be honest I've never heard of it when my daughter was a baby. I've been working midnights for the past week and he jas been doing fine, luckily my last night is tonight. Im not sure if he isnt wanting to sleep because I'm not home or what. My poor husband is having to deal with this and having to go to work with no sleep. He's not sure what to do. Before leaving for work I feed and put the baby down to sleep. Im not sure what to do!
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MamaD35
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM
My mom and mother in law used to call this "getting your days and nights mixed up" lol Does he sleep more in the day? If so, try to keep him awake more. Less naps, I know hes a newborn, this is tricky. I used to bath mine and wake them up alittle, it makes a rough day but they usuallu tire out. Hope this helps, I been there
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:57 AM

This happens! Each baby is different. Try keeping stimulation out of his room. Is he hearing noises, try putting a fan or music in his room to drown out noise. Does light come in? Try making it darker. How much is he drinking before bed? Is he peeing and then because he's wet wakes up? Try a different diaper for overnight.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:21 PM

It could very well be that he's missing you or that his days and nights are mixed up.  It's pretty normal though and he should get things straightened out before too long.

Reina13
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:47 PM

It does sound like his days and nights are mixed up. How is he sleeping now? Has it gotten a little better? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)