Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I lost my baby boy July 1st at 22 weeks

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:34 PM
  • 29 Replies
Has anyone experienced late pregnancy loss? My first pregnancy was textbook I felt amazing and I carried Cash to 37 weeks an had an all natural unmedicated birth. My second pregnancy I went into preterm labor and delivered Dutch at one pound and he lived for four hours other than being too small and having undeveloped lungs he was healthy but doctors didn't try to put him in any life support due to him being under 25 weeks. I am confused, upset, and totally not like myself since I lost my second son at 22 weeks July 1st. Any advice would be appreciated
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.PinkHart.
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:11 PM
I'm sorry :( Some hospitals will attempt to save at 22 weeks, but most don't until 24. The survival rate at 22 weeks is just too slim.
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry.I lost a son at a day shy of 19wks.I had a hard time afterwards until I realized that talking about it actually helped me.Join a support group,start therapy,anything.My friend lost her daughter full term and she's found healing by volunteering at hospitals to help with these exact situations,and working with support groups.

ragdoll7777
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry, here's a bump.

blessbest
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry dear, God understands ok? Tons of baby dust ur way!
Reese2010727
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs

Jaymef
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:11 PM
@MrsApple how soon were you or if you did try to concieve after your loss? I have mixed feelings about when and if we should try again
Jaymef
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:17 PM
MrsApple🔺 hopefully I am quoting right?? I'm just use to Instagram where you do the @ whoever to tag them

Quoting MrsApple:

I'm so sorry.I lost a son at a day shy of 19wks.I had a hard time afterwards until I realized that talking about it actually helped me.Join a support group,start therapy,anything.My friend lost her daughter full term and she's found healing by volunteering at hospitals to help with these exact situations,and working with support groups.

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:14 PM

I concieved again about 2 yrs later,without trying but lost that pregnancy and the one following it.After the third miscarriage I was diagnosed with an incompetent cervix and decided that I didn't want to get pregnant again and risk another loss.Luckily that wasn't the plan for me and 4 yrs later we welcomed our now almost 8 yr old daughter!

Quoting Jaymef: @MrsApple how soon were you or if you did try to concieve after your loss? I have mixed feelings about when and if we should try again

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:14 PM

You quoted correctly :)

Quoting Jaymef: MrsApple🔺 hopefully I am quoting right?? I'm just use to Instagram where you do the @ whoever to tag them
Quoting MrsApple:

b1the1change
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:17 PM
I'm so so sorry for your loss :( I had to do surgery at 22 weeks pregnant and I was told it could put me into labor and they wouldn't save the baby. I was terrified and couldn't imagine what I would've done had I actually lost tj
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)