• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spin Class

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:44 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was just wondering if anyone has done spin class more than once.  If so.... does it continue to feel like someone is stabbing you in the "sitting parts" (and reproductive area)? bummed_out  I like the excersise.....Hate feeling like I'm getting those areas removed with no anesthetic!!!

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
carolina_gal
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 7:56 AM

I go to the gym regularly but have never done spin.

Kudos to you for going!

Join us in the Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Group

ladybuglove08
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:24 AM
It takes a few classes for that to go away :) make sure your seat is adjusted properly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shopper4
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:37 AM
Lol my husband always complains about the pain too! If it really bothers you wear padded shorts or pants! Like the other girl said you really do get used to it! Spin more it's the best!
Maime13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:15 AM

I have done spin classes in the past. If you mess around with the seat enough, you should be able to find the least objectionable setting for your bum. I've also seen people bring padded seat covers (they have gel in them) or wear padded shorts.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I have hip issues so I don't do a spin class, I do bike but cant get the speed up! Thats great for you! Try adjusting the seat or height of the seat.

lukesmom2002
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I wear bicycle shorts that are padded and never have that issue.  We ride at least 80 miles a week on our bikes during the summer because we have so many great trails so I have a few pairs to wear to my weekly spin class. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)