Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

am I the bad person. .

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:39 PM
  • 67 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have three children soon to be four and my boyfriend and I have a two bedroom apartment until we can get a bigger place. . Now he wants his brother and sister in law to live with us. . I keep saying no because we have no room but he is treating me like shit. . Its tearing us apart
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:53 PM
5 moms liked this

Look into your tenant laws.  It could be illegal even for you guys to live in a 2 bedroom apartment.  Apartments usually have a maximum occupancy clause.  Where the F would brother and sister sleep?  I do not think there is no way to work this even if you were ok for them moving in.

Emmybrown
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:58 PM
The landlord knows their are five of living here.. so that wasn't a problem. . Their isnt anywhere for them to sleep only on our sofa.. its not going to work but yet im the bad person and selfish and cold hearted.. im so lost and hurt and confused
937mrsweaver
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:06 PM
4 moms liked this

No way in hell would that fly with me!! there isnt even enough room for you guys!!!

Emmybrown
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
My thoughts and complicates aswell

Quoting 937mrsweaver:

No way in hell would that fly with me!! there isnt even enough room for you guys!!!

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Your not wrong. Your brother needs to let his other brother grow up and they find their own place or find someone that has room. It's not fair to you or those kids especially with a new baby on the way. They move in and other drama might come from it.

I think your boyfriend is the one who is being selfish and not putting his kids first, he needs to put all his energy in finding you all a bigger place rather than trying to put a roof over others head. That should come later once you and your kids are in a good place.

star33
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

i wouldn't want anyone living w/us. if they were homeless w/kids and decent people.....maybe temporarily,but i don't see it going well.

Emmybrown
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
100%agree. .. tryed saying that but then the names n everything mean come out of him

Quoting natural_s:

Your not wrong. Your brother needs to let his other brother grow up and they find their own place or find someone that has room. It's not fair to you or those kids especially with a new baby on the way. They move in and other drama might come from it.

I think your boyfriend is the one who is being selfish and not putting his kids first, he needs to put all his energy in finding you all a bigger place rather than trying to put a roof over others head. That should come later once you and your kids are in a good place.

Emmybrown
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:21 PM
They have a four year old boy. . And are going to be homeless. . But it won't work tryed it before and nothing but drama

Quoting star33:

i wouldn't want anyone living w/us. if they were homeless w/kids and decent people.....maybe temporarily,but i don't see it going well.

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:45 PM

I hope everything works out and he sees where you are coming from.

Quoting Emmybrown: 100%agree. .. tryed saying that but then the names n everything mean come out of him
Quoting natural_s:

star33
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:41 PM

there you go, you've tried before, it didn't work,why try again? that's my feeling on it. why can't they stay somewhere else? 

Quoting Emmybrown: They have a four year old boy. . And are going to be homeless. . But it won't work tryed it before and nothing but drama
Quoting star33:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN