Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having baby fever!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:25 AM
  • 5 Replies
I am 18, and I have been with my boyfriend for over 7 months. In 6 months, he will leave for Marine bootcamp. He wants to start a family, and every time I turn around, I feel maternal and want to have a baby. I'm not sure what I want to do!
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Well, it's good that you're thinking about it and asking advice.  

Have you graduated from high school?  Is a family something that you, and your boyfriend, can afford and support?  Have you done the math?  

Are there things that you want to do in your immediate future, like college, parties, hanging out with friends, etc?  Because a child will take time away from these things.

Just a few things to think about.

DomsMama07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Have you finished school yet? Do you plan on attending college? Can you guys afford it?
abigailsmommy11
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:07 PM

I got pregnant with my first at 19 and had her at 20. I always wanted to start early and I wouldn't change anything, but...

I suggest you get married first, your wedding won't be as fun if you've already had a baby. I also think you should wait til after your 21st birthday. I think the ideal age for me (hindsight), would have been the age I am now, 23. I just had my second baby.

Kayliesmom03
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:22 PM

I agree with her plus you should get a degree or trainning of some kind. Because it will be very hard to take care of a baby making $7.50 at a retail job. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

Have you graduated from high school?  Is a family something that you, and your boyfriend, can afford and support?  Have you done the math?  

Are there things that you want to do in your immediate future, like college, parties, hanging out with friends, etc?  Because a child will take time away from these things.

Reina13
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I agree with all of this, plus your boyfriend needs to be able to fully concentrate on boot camp and not have to worry about how your pregnancy is going while he is in training. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)