Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Could you/would you have another baby if........

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:29 AM
  • 196 Replies
1 mom liked this

Could you/would you have another baby if it meant saving the life of  your current child?

If your current child was ill and needed a blood transfusion, organ replacement, bone marrow, etc. would you have another child in order to fulfill that need?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booscomputer
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:18 PM
6 moms liked this

I don't know what I would do -- no one does until they have to face something that awful.  However, I did cord blood storage when she was born for just such an occasion.

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:20 PM
29 moms liked this

No. I wouldn't have a child just to serve as "replacement parts" for my current child.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:21 PM
So did we.

Quoting booscomputer:

I don't know what I would do -- no one does until they have to face something that awful.  However, I did cord blood storage when she was born for just such an occasion.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:25 PM
3 moms liked this
To be used like that no but for transfusions or something yes. We are culturally blended making it very difficult for myself much less my kids to find an exact match. I consider myself their walking organ donor and have no problem donating every organ, eye, skin cell and even my heart if my children need it.
KREX0914
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:30 PM
16 moms liked this

Read or watch "My Sister's Keeper."

I personally couldn't because my next baby has a chance of being born with the same illness and I wouldn't want to relive that.

kiwiskiwi29
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:38 PM
5 moms liked this

Wtf? No. Why would I have another child just for replacement parts? What kind of question is this? 

ilovemykids323
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

no i dont think so. Just imagine the burden that child may feel. or realizing the only reason they are here and what if they aren't a match.

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I love my kids but I couldn't do that, there would have to be another way.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Absolutely not! 1. I'm too old to be having any more children, my youngest of four is 15, that would be like starting over, and 2. imagine how to child would feel when he/she finds out the only reason why you had him/her was to save the other child's life.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this
No we would not.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN