Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Justice for Janaya. Had any of you heard about this?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:38 AM
  • 10 Replies

GULFPORT, MS (WLOX) -

Justice for Janaya. That's what members of the Gulfport community are still praying for as they continue to cope with Janaya Thompson's death. The 5-year-old was found dead in the bathroom of an abandoned trailer Thursday.

MORE

• Shocked families express sorrow over death of Janaya Thompson

The horrible way that Janaya Thompson died is just another heartbreaking blow to people who clung onto hope that the 5-year-old girl would be found alive. Many parents are probably hugging their children a little tighter now, and they're wondering how someone could do this to an innocent little girl. They also want to express their love for Janaya and their sorrow for her family.

South Mississippi is now a community united in grief. Under dark skies and a light drizzle Friday, a colorful memorial continued to grow. It stood in stark contrast to the vacant trailer on Whitney Drive where Janaya's body was found on Thursday.

• According to Harrison County Coroner Gary Hargrove, Janaya's official cause of death was asphyxiation by strangulation. Hargrove said that no other details about the girl's death are going to be revealed at this time because of the ongoing investigation.

Two persons of interest remain behind bars in the Harrison County Jail in the capital murder investigation of Janaya.

A makeshift memorial of balloons, teddy bears and flowers keeps growing and growing in Gulfport. Saturday, dozens of South Mississippians came with even more gifts and heavy hearts.

"Yes, he was real emotional this morning. We watched it on the news," Gulfport resident Delores Teddleton said.

Teddleton said it was her grandson, Jaylen Ray, who asked to come here and say goodbye. That's just what they did by lighting candles in Janaya's honor.

"I am just broken up in a bunch of little pieces. He is five and she is five. I don't know, it's just tough. It touched me and touched him too, and we just wanted to come over," Teddleton said.

Janaya was found in the vacant trailer next to the memorial. She was reportedly kidnapped and killed.

While Gulfport police have made two arrests, neither of the men has been charged with a crime directly related to Janaya's death. This horrific crime continues to upset neighbors in the community.

"It brought cold chills to me. It scares me. They don't have the guy. They don't know if they really got him or not, and he is still walking this neighborhood," a neighbor .

LINK

by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:38 AM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-10):
    brandyblx
    by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Prayers for her family.Is it me or does it seem like this is happening more often?simple frown

shadowmoon
    by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:23 AM

That's sad and scary.  It's also the first time I have heard of this case.  I hope the child gets justice.

.beautifulrose.
    by New Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:10 AM
    This happened less than 10 minutes from where I live. The man arrested for burglary was charged with capital murder after lab results came back.

I've cried so much over this. In the days after it happened, before the charges were made, I did not even take my son to play outside. Even though I always stay with him, for the first time ever, it still did not feel safe.
    hargonagain
    by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:12 AM
    Poor baby girl! I can't imagine what her parents are going through.

JrsMommy07
    by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:17 AM
    :(
    FutureSoccerM0m
    by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:20 AM
    RIP baby girl
    jamminmomma
    by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:32 AM

R.I.P little angel inheaven. God hold the parents in his loving embrace to help them get through this horrible tragedy. I cannot imagine what they are going through right now.

hugs

simranz
    by New Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:10 PM
    Very sad!
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    kam0011
    by New Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:12 PM
    May she rest in peace.
    MaryanneMac
    by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:28 PM

No it's not you, it does seem to be happening a lot more.  What is this world coming to? 

Quoting brandyblx:

Prayers for her family.Is it me or does it seem like this is happening more often?simple frown

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)