Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A friend just spent $55 for a pair of Nikes for her 2 1/2 year old son.

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:49 AM
  • 383 Replies

Curious!  A friend just spent $55 for a pair of Nikes for her 2 1/2 year old son.  I silently lost my mind.  Likely he won't spend 6 months in those shoes.

Do you buy brands like Nike, Adidas, or even Stride Rite  for your kids under the age of 6 say? Or do you stick to the cheaper brands because you know they won't be in them long?

by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:52 AM
21 moms liked this

YES Stride rite only. I think good shoes are important. My sons got new shoes (Stride Rites) about every 3 months. Shoes and sneakers. That was about $70/100 depending on style and size every 3 months times 2 kids.

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:55 AM
5 moms liked this

For the little ones, I buy gently used name brands like that or cheapo shoes. I will not pay full price for a pair of expensive shoes that they will out grow in no time.

sophiasmommy27
by Sarah Sweetheart on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:56 AM
We do.
Outspoken.Mime
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:03 AM
13 moms liked this

Why do you care, its not your money

PeachQuean
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:06 AM
3 moms liked this
I spent $105 tax in for Doc Martin style.combat boots with red roses on them for my 1 yr old.

I've spend $136 tax in on Osiris for my same dd who is now 2 1/2 yrs old.

$55 is cheap IMO.
flprincessmom
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:11 AM
4 moms liked this
Good shoes (sneakers) are important for growing feet. For all feet too, really. I always shopped the clearance sales or outlets for sneakers for my kids & @ 8 & 17 still do....Nike and Jordans is all we wear, but never pay full price...for my 8 yo I will not pay more than $40. In fact her & I just got new sneakers & I spent less than $60 on both total. My 17 yo has size 14 feet & still does not pay more than $120 for a pr of kicks...
Stephw1110
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I will buy stride rites but my child is very easy on shoes. He's still wearing shoes we bought him last fall, and he's 4. If he were rougher on shoes, absolutely not. My BIL and his wife buy Nike's for their 4yo and he's destroyed them in a month. Then they blame it on the style of shoes, but buy him the same ones again? I mean come on, if the first pair didn't last, why buy them again. And one pair wasn't just from little boy wear and tear. He picked a hole completely through the toe while he was bored. I actually got my ds's school shoes for this year in the spring. Stride rite had a clearance sale and I got like 3 pairs of shoes for $40. And I usually try to hit sales if I'm going to buy expensive ones.
lapcounter
by Super Mom on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Absolutely their feet are important.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Super Mom on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
A good pair of running shoes cost me $120.

Quoting flprincessmom: Good shoes (sneakers) are important for growing feet. For all feet too, really. I always shopped the clearance sales or outlets for sneakers for my kids & @ 8 & 17 still do....Nike and Jordans is all we wear, but never pay full price...for my 8 yo I will not pay more than $40. In fact her & I just got new sneakers & I spent less than $60 on both total. My 17 yo has size 14 feet & still does not pay more than $120 for a pr of kicks...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
georgiagurl8648
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:14 AM
I buy shoes from Lamey Wellahan and LL Bean.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)