Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can you have too much faith in God?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:41 AM
  • 34 Replies

I rely so much on God that this is what I think...and I know Im going to get so many crazy responses here. But if you are a Christian..your answers are mainly the answers I will be taking notes on. All non believers, just dont waste your time, or use this post for entertainment purposes only. 

Anyway, so I actually believe that miracles overcome science. I will use this as an example. If a woman is trying to get pregnant, but can't I believe that that is what God wanted for her, not to be a mother, at least not yet. Even if she has tried everything. Same goes for when a woman tries everything NOT to get pregnant, but gets pregnant anyway, I believe that is God's plan and it happened for a reason. Now back to the latter. I am pro life. I was on birth control for about 6 years and have been off of it for a year and 3 months. I did not even want a child right now but in all honesty can say have not been the utmost responsible in terms of trying not to conceive only because I just feel like if it does happen, God will be with me through it and its what he wanted. If a mans sperm is inside of me (which seldom happened due to..well love making and losing touch with reality in that moment), why do I feel like it doesnt matter to me either way?! (It bothers me a little that I am so whimsical with this) And responsible/irresponsible is not the best word to use...its more the fact that I am not taking responsibilty because its God who ultimately is in charge, thus responsible. Am I relying on God too much? 

Now, to make this short and sweet, to all you believers, is it crazy of me to think that protected or not God has a plan and will do what is your destiny whether you chose it or not? 

Thank you kindly and please be nice.

by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Parents who would deny their child a life saving blood transfusion because "god will save them..." Have to much faith in god.

IandLoveandYou
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Well.. everyone deals with things differently.

The way I see it.. "Everything happens for a reason" is a very comforting saying.

"Everything happens because of reasons" is more accurate. 

But when discussing the great wizards plans, there's little room for accuracy or logic.

SaintJudes
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:00 AM

No Im just saying I will give you my blood, and so would many others to help your baby. I didnt think bringing a whole new being/soul into the world just for that is necessary, or even proper or respectful! Bring the baby in to give HIM/HER the best life, not to use them. KWIM??

Quoting Mackenzie40:

Parents who would deny their child a life saving blood transfusion because "god will save them..." Have to much faith in god.

SaintJudes
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:01 AM

This is true, I could definitely use some more logic in my life. Thanky you.

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

Well.. everyone deals with things differently.

The way I see it.. "Everything happens for a reason" is a very comforting saying.

"Everything happens because of reasons" is more accurate. 

But when discussing the great wizards plans, there's little room for accuracy or logic.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I think God gives you more free will rather than doing or not doing something for you.

Using your example, maybe God doesn't want you to have more children and He's preventing it or maybe you and DH just aren't timing your sex right. Is God keeping you apart as part of His way of making sure you don't get pregnant?

On the flip side, if you're trying to get pregnant and it doesn't work and you try IVF and become pregnant, is that also God's way? Was His plan to only let you get pregnant through medical means?

I don't know the 100% correct answer to either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Actually No I dont know what you mean . Im guessing you misunderstood my comment but I dont know how...

Quoting SaintJudes:

No Im just saying I will give you my blood, and so would many others to help your baby. I didnt think bringing a whole new being/soul into the world just for that is necessary, or even proper or respectful! Bring the baby in to give HIM/HER the best life, not to use them. KWIM??

Quoting Mackenzie40:

Aayla
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I will be honest and tell you I am a non-believer, but I am also not here to spew hate or mock you in any way.

There is nothing wrong with having faith, or believeing that something (to you, it's god, to me, it's an unknown entity..."the force" for lack of a better ter) is guiding your life and helping you along the way. Someone/thing that's got your back.

That said, I think that you also need to take responsibility for your own life and choices. You need to be aware and invested in your own life, not just let it happen. I think that yes, some people can rely to fully on faith and that can lead to dire circumstances you might have otherwise avoided. If you wish to let god take control of your life, take the time to think, pray, meditate - whatever it takes for you - to know that you have made the right decision. I would think that god would want you to be in control of your life, but he's there to watch out for you.

Kind of like how I pay my own way in life, but if I were to lose my job or something, I could rely on my mom to help pay the bills for a month.

I hope that makes sense, I know it's a little rambling

barbie_girl870
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:43 AM

i thought i was the only one that thought like this everyone tells me i need to be on birth control with all my health problems having a child could kill me but the way i look at it is if god wants me to have a baby i will and if he choses me to die in child birth then thats the way it was meant to be

feminista
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Everything happens for a reason is fine. And as long as you aren't hurting anyone else then I think it's fine that you're "leaving it up to God". Just know that there will come a time when you have passed your fertile years, and if having children is a priority for you then you need to take responsibility for that before it's too late.

want10more
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:16 AM
4 moms liked this

i'm a christian, and i like what dr phil says: pray to God but row for the shore. and sure God is in charge. but He also gives us tools to use in our life. and it's up to US to use them. God knows what will happen, but He gives us choices, and a brain to make our own choices.

joke: there was a flood and a family got stranded. they were on the 2nd floor, and the national guard came to get them out. they said, no, God will save us. then they had to climb to the attic, and a boat came to help them. they said, no, God will save us. then they were trying to keep afloat on trees, driftwood, and a helicopter came. they said, no, God will save us. so they drowned. when they got to heaven they said, GOD! why didn't you save us? and He said, dude seriously? i sent you the nat'l guard, a boat and a helicopter! 

He gave us a mind. He gives us choices. use them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN