Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Need advice and I'm new

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:29 AM
  • 4 Replies

Mobile Photo

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? We have 5 year old daughter. We also have 2 year old do. And a 9 month old daughter.

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I grew up in Seattle Wa. Now I currently live in Gig Harbor Wa.

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? I met him when I was 17 my older sister was dating his best friend and we seen eachother and knew it was love at first sight!

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? Just have a moment of quite time. Doesn't happen often. Lol

5. What's on your mind today? Need advise, my honey and I have been together almost 10 years. Minus 4 mo. When I was a child I was sexually abused by a uncle. Well like I said my honey and I have been together almost 10 years. And still feel like I'm doing something wrong if I wake him to have sex, or at that matter I feel dirty waking him up doing anything sexual. What do I do to put my fears behind me. I mean come on we have been together almost 10 years!!!
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Reina13
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Hi and welcome. At any point after your abuse did you get counseling? If you did, have you had counseling as an adult or since you began having consentual and adult sexual relationships? 

I think talking to a counselor or therapist would help you out tremendously with this issue. Sex with a loved one is so much more than physical, it is about intimacy and you should not be ashamed to want to feel that intimacy with your partner. 

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Love your pictures! :)

Have you ever considered counseling to help you through the feelings you have about sex?

twoboysforus
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:23 PM

I tend to agree with everyone else. It sounds like therapy/counseling would benefit you. What happened in your past was traumatic and you could be having issues moving past it. Definitely try and talk to someone about your feelings. You may just need some direction on how to heal. Hugs mama!

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Hi Welcome to CafeMom! You should check out the Love and Marriage group someone linked above!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN