Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for a night nanny

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:05 AM
  • 5 Replies
Hi. I'm looking for a night nanny to help with my preterm baby. He does not sleep well and after trying everything suggested by the pediatrician, lactation consultant, home health nurse, family members and friends I am out of ideas. I'm hoping for a word of mouth reference so if anyone has had a night nanny they would recommend I would really appreciate the info. Thank you.
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:41 AM
1 mom liked this

You do realize this site is not for only one area.  I would look into care.com for your needs and your area.  Those people usually come with referrals and for a cost you can see their background check.  I could be wrong though but that is what i saw on their site.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:23 AM
See if there is a Seeking Sitters group in your area. It's a nationwide chain like care.com. I used them once on a vacation and the girl we hired was great. Granted I only had a need for one night, but my kids liked her a lot. They screen their employees and they screened us too. As the PP suggested, I would contact care.com.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reina13
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Have you tried local resources? Temp agencies usually  have nannies on staff.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Have you checked with anything like care.com?

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:12 AM

I would feel safer with someone I know in my home overnight than a stranger! What about co-workers, Church friends? I see you tried friends and family. Good luck!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)