Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to be a mother too! Boyfriend has a vasectomy, hoping for luck in the future.

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:47 PM
  • 6 Replies
I have been with my boyfriend for 6 years now. We met at work in 2005, and started dating in 2009. Our relationship is far from ordinary. My bf is 13 years older than me and has four children age 18, 16, 9, and 6 (note: he had his first at 17 years old). 

During his previous marriage, he underwent a vasectomy procedure. He realized at the time with four children that he and his ex could not possibly afford to have any more children, however she loves babies (who doesn't) and would have had more if she could.

Today his oldest gave birth to her son and seeing her today was amazing and so hard. Although my boyfriend and I are not 100% ready to have a baby, I am nervous/scared/depressed that even after a vasectomy reversal, I will not be able to have a child of my own. He got his vasectomy done about 6 years ago, and he is in his mid-30s and I am in my mid-20s, so I know statistics shows that achieving pregnancy is favorable, but I cannot help how depressed I feel. 

My hope is that by joining this site I will have someone to talk to who has/is going through what I am. I feel alone in my unique situation
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RoseWall
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:03 PM
welcome.
positive energy your way.
bump
funhappymom
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Has your bf had his reversal? Have you discussed when you might want to try?

NeonGirl9583
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:50 AM
You could always adopt. Its a lot of babies out there who needs good homes. Good luck!
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:05 AM

I agree you could try adoption. Good luck!

twoboysforus
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I personally don't know of anyone who has ever tried a vasectomy reversal. I'm sure that when your SO goes in for his appointment the doctor will let you know what the chances are of the reversal working. But even if the reversal don't work, there are a lot of options for couples out there who want a baby. Adoption, IVF, surrogacy etc. In today's modern world, couples have a lot more routes to choose from to achieve pregnancy. Good luck!

booaura
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:53 AM
You could always adopt or use donor sperm. I was born several years after a vasectomy, which reversed itself. My parents were 49 and 53 :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)