Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you take inventory of your kids' existing school supplies before back-to-school shopping each year?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:30 PM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you take inventory of your kids' existing school supplies before doing your back-to-school shopping each year?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:32 PM

No. I buy all new supplies.

MrsAmyLynn83
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:33 PM

I have one of those tall rolling 6 drawer plastic storage thingies (don't know exactly what to call it) and that's our home stash of school stuff. Any extras from the last year goes into that for the kids to use for homework. I buy all new supplies to take in at the beginning of the year. Just makes it easier. 

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Of course I did.  I'd see what our son had left. That was not used.  Or still in useable shape.  Then would buy things he still needed.

Sarahb21
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:34 PM

No, because I can never find it. lol

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:35 PM

not really

i buy in bulk since supplies are so cheap this time of year

i take their old supplies and just stick it in the home supply

iluvsgtlangley8
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:35 PM
No we always buy new at the beginning of the school year then half way in usually another shopping trip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Yes. There are certain things I don't buy yearly, like scissors. If I bought them every year, we would have tons. If it's something that can be reused then we use it again.
reche1978
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I reuse book bags and lunch boxes if they are in great condition but everything else i buy new

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:51 PM

no, I buy all new supplies.. 

the supply lists are often pretty specific.. so even if I had glue bottles and half the other crap on there.. they certainly wouldn't be new.. or still in their packaging..

I do however stock up for things around the house while shopping for back to school though, lol..   

funnymommy71
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:53 PM

I always overbuy on certain items like crayons, paper glue sticks etc.  And use them throughout the school year when needed, didn't use alot last year!  I have a small bin that  I will look at tomorrow as well as stuff they used to see if it is still ok. then we shop!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)