Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what do you put in your spaghetti sauce?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:55 AM
  • 13 Replies
Do you put hamburger or sausage or both?What else do you add to it? I you half beef and half sausage and lots of mushromms and olives
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Caramel824
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Mushrooms, onion,garlic,meat,sausage,Rosemary,thyme,oregano,pepper,,salt,and a brush of sugar,tomatoes,carrots,celery,sometimes peppers,hot pepper.my grandfather made the vest say e from scratch.
PeachQuean
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I make my own sauce so stewed down tomatoes, Tyne, rosemary,garlic, onion powder, roasted red pepper flakes, Oregano, grated carrots, onions, mushrooms, colored peppers, salt and pepper, celery,

Then just ground beef.

I top our pasta with ground black pepper and fresh parmesan cheese.
bellawomen
by Summer on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:48 AM
Ground beef (97%) and Italian pork sausage. Stewed tomato puree, Sage, thyme, oregano, rosemary, basil (general "Italian herbs" you get it) roasted garlic, sautéed onions. A touch of raw honey if it tastes bitter.

No peppers or mushrooms as I am allergic.
winkyloafed
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:51 AM
I take kale, carrots, squash, and three tomatoes and blend them. I sautée peppers, onions, and diced tomatoes in the blended vegetable mixture with spices and a splash of balsamic. I typically use thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano, basil, paprika, salt, and pepper for the spice blend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:56 AM
Tomatoes, some tomato paste, ground beef, garlic, onion, oregano, basil, fennel, and a little bit of crushed red pepper.
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:57 AM
Oh and sometimes I make meatballs instead of using ground beef.
MixedCooke
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Both, onions, tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, mined garlic, worcestshire (so?), cumin, paprika, etc.
galfrugal
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:28 PM

I add some cooked chopped up hamburg.  The sauce says with meat but they must be straining it as it is run through the jar, ha!

Pam

refundsweepers

Elegy
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:57 PM

If I'm making meatballs, I leave the sauce meat-free. Otherwise I usually just add some ground beef. Then tomatoes, garlic, onions, mushrooms, grated zucchini... the usual Italian herbs/spices (basil, oregano, thyme, etc). I usually kind of wing my sauces, add things to taste.

Forest_Sarah
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:00 PM
For the quick sauce: tomatoes, shallots, basil, salt, pepper, olive oil, pepper flakes.

the long sauce: olive oil, onion, carrot, basil, oregano, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, red wine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)