Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is it acceptable for babies and toddlers to be out late at night?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:43 AM
  • 103 Replies

I was at a supermarket last night with my DH at about 9pm, my mom was home with DS. I noticed quite a few people there with young babies and toddlers. I have a bedtime routine with my LO, who is 6 months, and will always attempt to put him to bed by 7pm so was a bit surprised to see many babies out that late. 

So this got me thinking, is it acceptable for babies and toddlers to be out late at night? 
Do you have a bedtime routine for your LO?

by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsmoonbeam
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
9 pm is Not that late. how old is your DD?
january_mommee
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:48 AM

6 months.

Quoting mrsmoonbeam: 9 pm is Not that late. how old is your DD?

nebcutie
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:50 AM
As long as the kid is not cranky and acting like you should be home so he can be in bed i don't see why it would be an issue.
NeonGirl9583
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:53 AM
It depends. Usually my don't go out late unless u have to run them to the ER. They don't have a bedtime (never have). I just don't think kids should be out late because that's when a lot of creeps are out and about.
jsmommy1984
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:55 AM
My son is 7 months and we are not on a schedule at all...if he has slept more during the day we don't mind going to the grocery store at 8 or 9 pm.
mrsmoonbeam
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Sorry I read the post wrong I thought you out with your child not your husband

Quoting mrsmoonbeam: 9 pm is Not that late. how old is your DD?
Emmybrown
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:41 AM
My six year old daughter and five year old son and one year old boy are in bed by eight at night

Quoting january_mommee:

I was at a supermarket last night with my DH at about 9pm, my mom was home with DS. I noticed quite a few people there with young babies and toddlers. I have a bedtime routine with my LO, who is 6 months, and will always attempt to put him to bed by 7pm so was a bit surprised to see many babies out that late. 

So this got me thinking, is it acceptable for babies and toddlers to be out late at night? 
Do you have a bedtime routine for your LO?

booaura
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:53 AM
6 moms liked this
Whatever works for the family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting booaura: Whatever works for the family.

I totally agree!

And not everyone has the same 9-5 schedule. When we are on vacation I see parents out with their little ones super late. Everyone is out of their normal every day while on vacation. 9pm isn't late to me. Not even for a baby or toddler. It depends on the toddlers schedule? For me If I was sitting at home and when the kids were little they would be going to be not running around the house at 10pm at night. But thats just me. lol

breezy8445
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
In general my sons bedtime is 8:30-9:00 however we're not super strict with that. We've always done things that have kept us out late like fireworks, fairs things like that. We said from the beginning that we didn't want to be ruled by our schedule with him and since we weren't crazy about it he's not really thrown off by a change in routine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN