Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Awkward Introductions

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:59 AM
  • 5 Replies
Am I the only person who finds it painfully hard to just say hello to other parents in the vicinity of playgrounds, schools, etc?
My daughter had always been around her cousins but now that they moved away she's lonely. I take her places to play and such but I find it so awkward trying to make friends with other parents so my girl could have more friends. She's 3 and there aren't many activities or classes she can take in this area. Does it happen to anyone else? I just really want to rip off the social anxiety band aid for my daughter's sake.
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
breezy8445
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:16 AM
I'm kind of like that myself. My bf is the complete opposite no matter where we go people just gravitate to him and our son is the same way. I've gotten a lot better about it within the last year or so I think because my son is so social and out going that normally he breaks the ice for me cause he'll just walk up and talk to anyone so he makes it pretty easy for me.
Reina13
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:26 PM

My husband is the very social one. I find it ackward too. 

hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
How about to your local library for story time?
Nice to meet you :)

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:07 PM
Welcome to the group :) I am the same way but once you get more practice you will do better. Have you joined any local mom groups? I have met moms in those and here on Cafemom!
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Welcome to cafemom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN