Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do I really need for a baby?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:35 PM
  • 14 Replies
Hello, I am expecting my first and second children. Twin boys!! I been getting things ready but I don't want to buy anything that won't be useless or a waste of money. I have 2 cribs, car seats, high chairs, double stroller, and a changing table. Anything else useful to you other mommies out there?
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allycally
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:37 PM
I really love those sack gowns for newborns they make frequent changes easy and some even have covers for their hands that way they don't scratch themselves
Amber1225
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:38 PM
A baby monitr, video and audio are best... Lots of diapers, onesis, bibs, burp cloths, a baby first aid kit, a bouncy seat or two and a tummy time mat , a mobile for their cribs, lol there's so many things! And definetly a breast pump if you plan on breast feeding. But wait to buy any more until after your baby shower, if you're having one.

This may be a little more helpful
http://twiniversity.com/2012/08/baby-basics-what-will-you-need-for-two/
breezy8445
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:43 PM
The things I used the most were a boppy pillow, swing and pack n play. Also if you plan on bottle feeding an electric sterilizer will save you loads of time.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:48 AM
I always wanted a boppy pillow, but never got one.

Whatever you do, DON'T get a Diaper Genie or equivalent. Waste of money, IMO.
fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Swing, Bouncer, Diapers, Wipes, Receiving blankets, Clothes, Walker or entertainment center things that swival, Play mats, Blankets, Crib Sheets and bedding, Bottles, Breast Pump, Baby Monitor, Bibs, Onesies, Mobiles for crib, Pack N Play, High Chair

Things I found to be a complete Waste  Changing Table, Baby wearing wrap, Those ugly Sack Gowns, Diaper Genie, Boppy Pillow

d_k_w
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Tons of recieving blankets and onsies and gowns.

Mygirl30248
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Avoid diaper genies just pointless & actually smells.

Bath seat I used it in & out of the tub & they are cheap. Lots of burp clothes. A walker or jumper but look for a used one will save u bunches.
STVUstudent
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:47 AM

When my twins were tiny i had a pack-n-play so I could keep them in the living room with me.  You also may want at least one swing... my son really like it.

Molimomma
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Ugh I wish I hadn't bought a big high chair. It was a total waste of money. I wish I had bought the space saver high chair/booster seat from the beginning. I would suggest getting at least 1 of those bouncy/vibrating seats since you are having twins it was really helpful when my son was an infant. You may want to get 2 but I would probably just get 1 at first and see how much you use it. Have a spare changing pad and cover for diaper changes you will probably need it with 2! A squishy kneeler for the bathtub. I had the 1 with pockets and a pad that folded over the side of the tub and then after year 1 I just got the squishy one that goes on the floor. A variety of blankets for different temps, including the nice light ones made of muslin you can use when it is hot to just block the sun. A car window sun shade, my son screamed bloody murder when the sun was in his eyes in the car. A mirror is nice too for when they are rear facing so you can still see them. This will sound silly but I highly recommend an iPod speaker for their room. My son has had the same sleeping playlist since he was about 6 months old and it is invaluable. I used it for naps and overnight and even travel with it. As long as that music is playing he can sleep ANYWHERE!

CrystleCorry
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:54 AM

LOTS and LOTS of daipers and wipes!! Also, a wipes warmer is a miracle for middle of the night changings!! Invest in some pacifiers and teething rings. Swaddling blakets may seem like a dumb investment since they outgrow them so quickly but, trust me INVEST in the swadding blankets. Oh and I bought a bobby for my first kid that got used as everything from a breatfeeding pillow to a pillow to help BOTH daughters learn to sit upright. GOOD LUCK is the most important thing!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN