Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you celebrate your wedding anniversaries?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:24 AM
  • 15 Replies

Our anniversary is coming up, three years. I asked my husband what we should do and his response was "you don't have to celebrate every year"!

I'm not expecting fancy presents maybe just a card and thought a nice meal out as I feel it's important we recognise each year.

Do you think you should celebrate each year or is it not necessary?

by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Aww!!! Of Course you celebrate every year!!!   It doesn't have to be huge, but going out for a meal, even a nice take out meal with the two of you enjoying the meal while watching a movie on TV that you both like. A card is nice.  It is important. I agree with you!

Indy3000
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it is important. It doesn't have to be something big every year. We usually do something big every other year and the years that we don't we do takeout chinese (what we ate after our wedding since we were to busy to eat dinner there) and just chill on the couch watching our fave movies. We also always do cards and stuff

RKL10
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM
We say happy anniversary and that's it. Nothing special but we have always been that way guess that's why we eloped lol
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Happy Anniversary!

Felicity532
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:51 AM

How long have you been married?

Quoting RKL10: We say happy anniversary and that's it. Nothing special but we have always been that way guess that's why we eloped lol

Felicity532
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

How long have you been married?

Quoting Bmat:

Aww!!! Of Course you celebrate every year!!!   It doesn't have to be huge, but going out for a meal, even a nice take out meal with the two of you enjoying the meal while watching a movie on TV that you both like. A card is nice.  It is important. I agree with you!

reche1978
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:56 AM

absolutley its important its another year like a birthday (not exactly but you see my point).  It's another year of hardwork ups and downs and with divorce rates being so high its a big deal   JMO

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:06 AM
No we just do a card and say Happy Anniversary is about it.
JoyheartsPBnJ
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Well I'm not married, so no lol.  But when I was married we would celebrate our anniversary every year. 

alli1204
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:57 AM
We just celebrated our 11 yr wedding anniversary this last Saturday. We celebrated by going to a very nice restaurant. We didn't do gifts bc we are leaving for a 7 day vacation in Florida tomorrow.....that's kind of our gift to each other.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)