Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

You know you're getting older because....

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:38 AM
  • 44 Replies
2 moms liked this

A girl on my facebook page yesterday said she'll be 24 next week and then 30. FML

Really? She's whining cause she's almost 30 - in 6 years.  20 year olds can be so clueless.  Sorry, 20 year olds, you'll understand one day.

What makes you feel "old" lately?

I don't "get" today's music.  I try to branch out and listen to top 40 stuff, but most of it I can't stand--especially the stuff with the synthesized voices.  My husband and I listened to a song last night that had the line, "...down like the economy" in its verse.  Seriously?!  Does anyone have actual TALENT anymore? 

I love to watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy at least a couple of times a week.  I love them!

I'm beginning to wish we had a mini-van, but don't tell my husband! 

Playing outside in the cold for hours used to be fun.  Now, it's the idea of torture to me.

It's beginning to hurt when I bend down to grab toys from the floor and I move more slowly than I did before.  What happened to my energy? 

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

My creaking achy body LOL 

Bresmom13
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Hmm good question. I work with alot of elderly patients and always use the motto, "your only as old as you want to feel" (they love it, had a 90 yr old lady said she is going to die at 20 something) My 7 mnth old keeps me feeling young (tired, but young) I would say work makes me feel old.

MixedCooke
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
That I actually want to watch the news!
pootersmomi
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:38 AM

And the weather channel!

What's your favorite news channel? Local or something like CNN, Fox?

Quoting MixedCooke: That I actually want to watch the news!

MixedCooke
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Local and I'm liking CNN now

Quoting pootersmomi:

And the weather channel!

pootersmomi
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:19 AM

I usually just tune into CNN if I want to catch my boyfriend Anderson Cooper. :o)

DH watches Fox all the time. Ugh

Quoting MixedCooke: Local and I'm liking CNN now
Quoting pootersmomi:

And the weather channel!

gingermommy86
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:33 AM
I just turned 28 in may.. I feel this weirdness coming like leaving my 20s and heading for the 30s.. I feel like oh no did I do enough did I have enough fun... lol I have two beautiful children 3 and 6 months a wonderful husband and a stable home! Yes I partied it up when I was younger so yes I have done enough lol its like my older sister said it's the transition from being a peer to being the elder so to speak... but ya know I'm happy where I'm at! It's calm and normal and I have known people that are 30 and still just can't get right.. having kids but can't hold a job and pay bills but smoking and drinking...
healthymom46
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I have menopause symptoms like mood swings, sleep disturbances, some weight gain. UGH! Don't want to take any prescrption drugs and so I read that black cohosh, red clover & primrose oil should help. I'll be ordering like ASAP. Trying to exercise and keep positive so far and try not to bite my dh head off. lol...I can't believe how fast the yrs fly by...geesh! I'm 47 and next thing I'll know is I'll be 57 the way life is passing by so fast. Hope you feel better.

healthymom46
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Like your avatar. :)

Quoting 672:

My creaking achy body LOL 

pootersmomi
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Anxious to hear how the vitamins work.  Let us know!

Quoting healthymom46:

I have menopause symptoms like mood swings, sleep disturbances, some weight gain. UGH! Don't want to take any prescrption drugs and so I read that black cohosh, red clover & primrose oil should help. I'll be ordering like ASAP. Trying to exercise and keep positive so far and try not to bite my dh head off. lol...I can't believe how fast the yrs fly by...geesh! I'm 47 and next thing I'll know is I'll be 57 the way life is paaing by so fast. Hope you feel better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN