Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need Disney vacation tips, ideas please

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:24 AM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok so I'm planning our first Disney vacation next year. A friend and I are splitting the cost of renting a house. It's me dd and dh. I'm not sure if to do 2,3days Park with Hopper pass. 3days no Hopper pass or what. I'm buying plane tickets by Feb to get them cheap but the park tickets are expensive. So how much would I need to bring,? Oh we are renting a car too, everyone says it expensive to go so I need to start saving now. So how much?
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

You want to know how much tickets are? https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/

Disney World 3 day tickets

• Ages 10+ $274 a ticket
  • Ages 3-9 $255 a ticket

Disney World 2 day tickets

• Ages 10+ $188 a ticket
  • Ages 3-9 $175 a ticket

Add ons

• Park Hopper is an additional $49 per ticket
  • Water park is an additional $60 per ticket

You will only benefit from the hopper if you plan on going to more than one of the 4 main parks a day of course. 

(water parks are separate and you don't need tickets for dowtown disney)

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

PeppermintyTea
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:32 AM
I am guessing you mean Disney world? I think I'd go with the 3 day hopper (but you don't have to add hopper if it won't conflict with your dining plans). We always skip Animal kingdom park, and just go eat at animal kingdom lodge since you can see animals in the savannah there. Downtown Disney doesn't need admission so you can go there as you please. We get the dining package for 1 quick service, 1 table service, 1 snack per day... It saves overall if you want to do some cool meals. I don't know how much exactly you should save, but at least a couple thousand most likely more... It really just depends on your travel costs, and rental prices.
nebcutie
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:33 AM
There is a disney group on here that is awesome to get the information in!
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
If you PM me your email, I can send you a Word document I've put together over the years that will help. If you're concerned about pass prices, I suggest buying one at a time (maybe one a month), they won't expire until after your first date of use. Prices usually go up in January so buying early will save you some money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Disney what? World or land?
kaylasmom22
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Orlando

Quoting MissTacoBell: Disney what? World or land?
gypsysoule
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:38 PM

park hoppers are a waste. join the disney group on here too

gypsysoule
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:39 PM

You can only get the dining plan if you are booking a package and staying on site. That won't help her.

Quoting PeppermintyTea: I am guessing you mean Disney world? I think I'd go with the 3 day hopper (but you don't have to add hopper if it won't conflict with your dining plans). We always skip Animal kingdom park, and just go eat at animal kingdom lodge since you can see animals in the savannah there. Downtown Disney doesn't need admission so you can go there as you please. We get the dining package for 1 quick service, 1 table service, 1 snack per day... It saves overall if you want to do some cool meals. I don't know how much exactly you should save, but at least a couple thousand most likely more... It really just depends on your travel costs, and rental prices.

gypsysoule
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:40 PM

There are 4 parks plus two water parks. I woudn't skip any park. There are great things at all 4. 

kaylasmom22
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:02 PM
So then the Hopper is best if I'm trying to see them all

Quoting gypsysoule:

There are 4 parks plus two water parks. I woudn't skip any park. There are great things at all 4. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)