Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

is it ok to give a doctor a gift of appreciation?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 4:24 PM
  • 10 Replies

I got my surgeon a applebees gift card with a thank you card to show my appreciation for a great painless gallbladder surgery and recovery I had.  Is it ok to give him this or do doctors sometimes refuse gifts?

by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 4:26 PM
I think it's very nice! He may decline but he'll appreciate the thought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tiff22Faith
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 4:35 PM

He could refuse it, but I don't see why it wouldn't be okay. You are showing your appreciation and giving him something he can use to enjoy himself.

ladybuglove08
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:23 PM
I work in a dr office & many of our patients send/deliver gifts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2you08
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:55 PM
I've given my dr a gift before. She accepted it and was very happy that I thought of her
Mygirl30248
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Its nice & unless they have a policy at the hospital to not accept gifts she should accept. They do hard work & appreciate being told.
ljmom24
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 8:07 PM
I have in the past. There was a dr nick knack that looked just like my ds surgeon so after his last surgery we got him one. He had never seen it before and the nurse thought we had it made that's how close it was.

My mom has for some dr depending on the experience. Currently she is going through breast cancer so her and I are hitting the adult store for some boobie themed treats (candy/cookie molds type stuff) for her to bring at her post op visit.
PlumbersWife344
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:39 AM

I gave my gyno one when he retired. He was my doctor for 13 years. He was more like a PCP to me. He was always there. Even after I had all my kids and had my hysterectomy.

Bresmom13
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:03 PM

I work at a doctors office. We have patients all the time bringing by things (usually baked goods, gift baskets) in appreciation of doctors and staff. Ive had patients bring me things. We put them in our break room for everyone to share.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Where I work, we can't accept gifts. He may decline it the gift, be prepared for that. So write something very nice in the card. I think that will mean more to him than the gift card.

AjMorczek
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 7:13 PM

check the policy with the office/hospital first they may have one against it. If they do you can alwyas do a card - most places accept thank you cards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN