Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is your life the way you thought it would be when you were a child?

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:36 AM
  • 126 Replies

When you were a child you thought about what your life would be like. How does what your life is now compare?

by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Married, kids, house with a pool and minivan--YES. Career--NO
W0RKINGM0M07
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Nope not at all. I thought Id have a house, career, be married with kids by now. All I have is two jobs, an apt and one kid with a deadbeat. YAY!

libbybell
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:28 PM
3 moms liked this
Nope...I thought I would drive a red convertible. I would be married to a professional surfer, with shaggy blond hair. I thought I would have 2 kids and go to the mall every weekend. I thought I would be a teacher

My real life..Married to a clean cut marine. I have one daughter. Never got that convertible. I hate the mall. I became a nurse. Life is good :)
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry to hear about the deadbeat. :(

Quoting W0RKINGM0M07:

Nope not at all. I thought Id have a house, career, be married with kids by now. All I have is two jobs, an apt and one kid with a deadbeat. YAY!

britbeth
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 7:15 AM
Not at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulesFairy
by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Not by a long shot- figured Id be single and a teacher. Hoped Id be a developmental child psychologist with a nice sweet man (professor type) who would be a hopeless romantic and we would live anywhere but FL. Didn't think I could/would have children, but we would live on a quiet little cul de sac where we were the neighborhood aunt/uncle. And we would eventually move our families close so that they could have the awesome life they deserved and worked so hard for.

Reality- married to a no nonsense soldier (swore Id never marry military), with two brilliant little girls, and live wherever the military takes us and due to circumstances of their choosing I don't even speak to my family anymore. My life is pretty darn amazing.
reche1978
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

No I thought I would have lots of friends and a better social life.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this
No but I laugh when I realize how unrealistic my expectations were. As a kid I knew very little about how the world actually worked. The important things are pretty much on target like career and home life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TresHijas111825
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
No. I was going to be a single, writer in the City a lá Carrie Bradshaw. Shop, go out every night for dinner, travel...be all around fabulous and free.

I am married (for the past 8.5 years) to a Military man, we have 3 kids, a minivan and live in the burbs' of NYC.
booaura
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Sort of. I have the career I always wanted...but that's it. I'm very happily married with three children, twins on the way, and my 24th birthday around the corner. When I was little, I though that IF I ever married or had children, it'd be well into my 30's when it happened. I didn't make it past 20 :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)