Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How often do you see your parents?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 6:45 AM
  • 340 Replies

How often do you see your parents?  How often do you talk with them?

I see my mom and step dad about once a week on average.  They live about 20 minutes down the highway.  I talk to my mom almost every day.  My dad and step mom live about 3 hours away and I only see them about 2-3 times a year.  We talk about once a month. 

grandmagrandpa

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Never they are both deceased. When they were alive and lived in town, maybe saw them 2 or 3 times week. Talked with them most days we didn't see them. When they moved to FL. We traveled every 3 months to visit. Spoke with them 1 or 2 times week.

hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Glad you were able to see them fairly often when they were alive,
Hugs to you :)

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Never they are both deceased. When they were alive and lived in town, maybe saw them 2 or 3 times week. Talked with them most days we didn't see them. When they moved to FL. We traveled every 3 months to visit. Spoke with them 1 or 2 times week.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting hugss:

Glad you were able to see them fairly often when they were alive,Hugs to you :)

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

thank you.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

jcm28
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM
It's great to have a good relationship with your parent. But I don't my mother sucks and I can't stand her anymore. Her bipolar has killed any little relationship we have ever had.
hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww sorry .. hugs to you :)

Quoting jcm28: It's great to have a good relationship with your parent. But I don't my mother sucks and I can't stand her anymore. Her bipolar has killed any little relationship we have ever had.

Mygirl30248
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Every day. They live next door to me. They turned their store in to apartment units, sold their house, moved in to a unit, then I rented a unit & my sister rents another unit & before all of this even happened my other sister had built her house on the joining property. So I see them every single day, we share a front porch now, I moved in to the one next to theirs. 

Sounds odd I'm sure to others but kind of fun still. It won't always be like this. SO & I know we'll get a house etc. close by some day but we'll still see them all the time. The cousins are super close so my DD is very close to her cousins like they are siblings. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:41 AM
I'm so sorry. How long have they been gone?

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have a good relationship with your dad?

Quoting jcm28: It's great to have a good relationship with your parent. But I don't my mother sucks and I can't stand her anymore. Her bipolar has killed any little relationship we have ever had.
jcm28
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Yes it was better but he passed away.

Quoting Cafe AmyS: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have a good relationship with your dad?

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Oh wow! That does sound kind of fun, but do you ever tire of them being right there all the time?

Quoting Mygirl30248:

Every day. They live next door to me. They turned their store in to apartment units, sold their house, moved in to a unit, then I rented a unit & my sister rents another unit & before all of this even happened my other sister had built her house on the joining property. So I see them every single day, we share a front porch now, I moved in to the one next to theirs. 

Sounds odd I'm sure to others but kind of fun still. It won't always be like this. SO & I know we'll get a house etc. close by some day but we'll still see them all the time. The cousins are super close so my DD is very close to her cousins like they are siblings. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN