Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Should I

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:06 AM
  • 10 Replies
I know this May be a very touchy subject , but need outside opinions . The relations between my mother and I has been strained for a number off years , I have always felt she was ashamed of me cause of me having a birthmark on the right side of my face has treated me different than my siblings . Here lately we don't speak at all cause she isn't happy that I hang out with gays etc but the ones I do hang out with have been there for me when I needed it the most . And in October we are having a wedding renewal and there will be gays etc there and I know she will talk behind my back about it cause she has already done so . My question is should I invite her anyway ? And the reason I'm torn is because she is still my mother and my step father is innocent and doesn't act the way she does ? What would you do ??
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tooth_Inspector
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Invite them and ignore her if she wants to talk crap. I say invite them just because of your stepdad and if she's that crappy she may not come anyways. I'm sorry you have to deal with that in your life! At least you have a great support system who loves you!
Justchristy75
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Thank you so much . That's what I was thinking . But the next day I'm like no I shouldn't cause I wasn't sure if they would find it offensive if my mom came
RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this
my opinion is not to invite her.
she is some one you do not even talk to in your day to day life.
i think your renewal should be an event you can totally enjoy without worry.
I think you should have only people there that totally support you at this point in your life. I know she is still your mother.
And she will still be your mother if she does not attend this important day in your life.
To me seems if you are asking yourself this question then its possible you may already know the answer.
Seems to me it would be setting up every other guest there to a very uncomfortable situation.
What does your intuition tell you to do?
i thought about deleting my reply and
decided against doing so.
This is only my opinion based on my own lives experiences and not meant to offend.
hugs.
Uhura
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:53 AM

Invite your stepfather, not her.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:05 AM

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you should do. I think you need to decide what will make you the happiest on your very special day and go with that. What does your dh say?

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

annafntnt
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:09 AM
I say invite her... thats your mom and you never want the pain of something happening to her abd u feeling you didnt try. If she talks crap she talks crap at least YOU tried. I hope yall can fix things!!
Justchristy75
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:27 PM
I've tried on numerous occasions to work it out and invite her to things and it's always some bs excuse as to why she can't but then goes and makes plans with my other two sisters , so I am always like wth why even bother
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Yes, invite them. Best wishes to you!

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:41 PM

A wedding is something different. It is a special family occasion. If she chooses to not come, then fine, you've done your part.

Quoting Justchristy75: I've tried on numerous occasions to work it out and invite her to things and it's always some bs excuse as to why she can't but then goes and makes plans with my other two sisters , so I am always like wth why even bother

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this
If she won't come, don't invite her. If she ask why say "I was saving the stamp". She's a bad mom for treating you differently! Be a bitch back and gain respect ( that's how it works with messed up people / there's too many of them)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)