Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Whats the best way

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:47 AM
  • 19 Replies
Help

Please we have a problem with mice

have tried nasty snap traps

Bate sticky mats and traps but that only gets them when their in

How do you stop then coming into the house in the first place

Has anyone used the plug in sonic things and if so do they work

Sleeping in bed this morning at 6ish when I could hear something scratching

To feed up for words
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:06 AM
Scan the house for any possible entry points and seal them, cut branches away from the house.
madhouseof5
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:09 AM
What like tree branches?

We live in the city centre

Quoting MixedCooke: Scan the house for any possible entry points and seal them, cut branches away from the house.
MixedCooke
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:11 AM
Yeah tree branches. Not sure what you mean about city centre.

Quoting madhouseof5: What like tree branches?

Quoting MixedCooke: Scan the house for any possible entry points and seal them, cut branches away from the house.
SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:11 AM
Get a cat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
madhouseof5
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:38 AM
City no trees that close to the house

Quoting MixedCooke: Yeah tree branches. Not sure what you mean about city centre.

madhouseof5
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:38 AM
City no trees that close to the house

Quoting MixedCooke: Yeah tree branches. Not sure what you mean about city centre.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Sadly, we had to have an exterminator put poison bait around- inside and outside the house, and this controls the mice. They go back to their nest and die. I hate to do it, but it is really unhealthy to have them in the house. For a long time we trapped them with humane traps and took them elsewhere and released them, but there were still too many in the house. The bait isn't accessible by larger animals - cats, etc, and it needs a key to open it, so supposedly children can't get it, but I don't know since we didn't treat for mice when the children were little.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:25 PM

The thing about having cats control the mice is that they don't get all of them, and from the mice they get worms and fleas. :(

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:32 PM

I highly recommend against those glue traps- the mice walk on them and their feet stick to the glue, and then supposedly you just drop it into the trash. This is terribly cruel.

kbpegasus
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Get a dog.  I have 5 cats and 3 dogs.  The cats do nothing.  When we had a mouse in the house the dogs went crazy and actually caught the mouse.  The other thing is there are these traps that you stick a little peanut butter in and set.  You never see the mouse when it is caught.  The trap will tell you if it caught one.  They are instantly killed.  No muss, no fuss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)