Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

MIL

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:34 PM
  • 6 Replies
If your MIL makes no effort in contacting you or her grandchildren and has been this way for over 10 years off and on and always put the other grand kids first in anything that's planned etc . And then makes up bs excuses as to why she can't come to your wedding renewal cause of the other grand kids and their parents have a back up baby sitter just for this . And this woman has given over 6k to a stranger but won't do that for her own blood . And my husband says keep quiet I'll take care of it and he tries but she continues and won't stop , I guess what I'm asking is what should I do ? Should I write her and tell her how I feel , just drop it and ignore her like she does us and move the hell on ..
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 1:30 PM
I would drop it and move on. She's not interested and you can't make her be. Her loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justchristy75
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Thanks
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:48 AM

If you haven't made the effort to make a go of the relationship, then do so. Don't wait for your husband or your mil to do it.

If you have and she still doesn't want anything to do with her, then move on with your life.

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Do nothing. If you've made an effort and get no response its time to move on. Sorry!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

AllAboutAmaya
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:13 AM

I personally would just write it off. Ignore her like she ignores you and your children. Continuing to try and build a relationship with her is only going to hurt you guys because she is obviously not going to come around.

manilowgal
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:51 AM
Just write it off. If dh can't get through to her then it's not your job. Sorry sweetie.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)