Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

idk

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:28 PM
  • 9 Replies

Mobile Photo

How oftened should u like ur kids see there other parent.
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

There's no one simple answer to that question. Everyone's situation is different, and the amount of visitation should be what is best for the children.

mommaAmber30
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:46 PM
I say none. Cause he is a drunk and drug head.
Reese2010727
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:27 PM

It depends on the situation.

Creekie.
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Wow, I had to read that a few times.  I guess as many times as the two parents agree upon.

MomMomMomMama
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Well, it all depends on the situation.  If he is an excellent father, then 50% of the time.  If he's lacking or unable to be an effective and postive parent, then court ordered minimum.  If he's dangerous, then not at all.  But, I think you have this idea that YOU get to be the one to decide when and where and for how long.  As long as he allows that to happen, fine, but once there is a court order in place, you no longer have the control...

EmilyRhiannon
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:37 PM
Uh. Is that English ? Anyways. My sons father lives in another state. So holidays and summer are his time.
lhiannan
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Whatever is agreed upon by the parents. My oldest can go see his dad whenever he wants, though it's mostly every other weekend. My two younger boys have not seen their father in over 5 years, with my 7 year old not remembering him at all. My 11 year old doesn't remember what he looks like. If he just popped over expecting to take them out, I don't think I would react well.
Belovedmoonpixi
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:06 PM

I would let my DD see her dad everyday if possible. Sadly, it comes down to how often I can push him to actually visit. (3x in 14 years... last time was in 2012, he hardly ever writes or calls....I hurt for DD, she has friends whose fathers live in other countries- DD´s dad lives in Honduras, we are in El Salvador- and those fathers skype with their kids AT LEAST once a day..)

mommaAmber30
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:42 PM
My son just started asked about his father. But the bad thing is that his father dont wamt nothing to do with him.

Quoting Belovedmoonpixi:

I would let my DD see her dad everyday if possible. Sadly, it comes down to how often I can push him to actually visit. (3x in 14 years... last time was in 2012, he hardly ever writes or calls....I hurt for DD, she has friends whose fathers live in other countries- DD´s dad lives in Honduras, we are in El Salvador- and those fathers skype with their kids AT LEAST once a day..)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)