Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What would your life be like if you couldn't/didn't have children?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

I think about this every so often. Not because I don't love my children but because I couldn't really picture my life without them.

I'd probably end up working a job that required a lot of my time and didn't really enjoy.

What would your life be like if you couldn't or didn't have children?

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:18 PM

I don't know. The majority of my motivation for everything I did to better my life was for the kids. Without that motivation I wouldn't have gone to college, wouldn't have tried to get better jobs, wouldn't have worked to move away from my toxic family, wouldn't have stopped talking to the druggy friends I had in high school. o.o While financially, we are tight, I can't think of a way my life would be better if I didn't have the kids.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Well my husband and I would have more money for travel and adventures.... But somehow I can't quite picture it... One of the best parts of the adventures we have had is seeing places and things through the eyes of our kids.
gsjmom
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd probably travel a lot and honestly I'd probably be single and do whatever else I want.
philippians314
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Good question, i'd probably have already committed suicide. thats where i was when i just turned 24yrs old. Then i met my exhusband about a week later, right before i was going to kill myself. Glad i met him and got 2 kids out of it. i remarried and got blessed with a kick a** husband and another baby boy. God blessed the broken road i was on. today i would not want to imagine where i be without my kids, no matter what. God is good ALL the time!

booaura
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:54 PM
We'd adopt. If that wasn't an option, I'd be in school now for my doctorate and then I'd go into practice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Oh sheesh I'm not sure. My kids have changed my life in way more ways than I can even describe. I'm a mom to 3 special needs kids. They have opened my eyes to so many things. 

yazmin94
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:31 AM

mmm... i think i would be working, going out whenever i wanted, maybe traveling going on adventures but i wouldnt enjoy my life asmuch as i do now that i have my son, its like once you have your kid(s) its like a hole you didn't even know was there was filled, the happieness you feel its on another level baby in sling

brandi321
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:42 PM
I would live in a camper and travel the country! :-) I couldnt imagine life without my kids now, its like they have always been a part of my life.
awbredux
by Allie on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Probably adopt.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN