Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what is a true definition of a mother?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:01 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mothers today are very unbelievable! some are outraged with others who leave their children in their cars only to die. Some are outraged that some females whether preteens, teenagers, or women, get raped. Some mothers are even outraged with those who kill babies by throwing them out their car windows or killed in a murder/suicide.  these women are ready to judge and throw the book. But only to show others their true side of  hypocrisy when wanting to destory life inside the womb. no one gets outraged by that. unbelieveable!

On July 4th 2004 my ex husband left me and at the time, my 2yr old daughter (daughter) and our unborn child. (He's baby) His last words were, "im not ready to be a dad or a husband". He left me for someone who he didnt ended being together for long. Under the circumstances of how he left us, me working at a minimum wage job and having to put my daughter in daycare and trying to figure out what to do, i looked at all my options. Abortion was on of them. i was early in pregnancy, but at the saame time i feared God. Even though i did not have relationship with Him, not even a religionship with Him. i knew in my heart killing was wrong, especially when its towards someone who had no fault nor no ways of defending themselves.

Fast forward: On February 17th 2014 my son turned 9yrs old. My daughter is now 12. I am remarried and i was given  second chance to prove my LOVE again, to my son who is going to turn 2yrs olds tomorrow. i had to put my selfishness or "me" and "my" feelings and do what was right. who am i? i am a mom who loves unconditionally. even though my exhusband left me especially our unborn son and our 2yr old daughter at the time, i had no hate or nor was i "outraged" with the way he did us wrong. Killing a baby or any human being at any age especially with the INTENT to destory someone's elses life is NOT the solution.

we  as mothers are the very protective when our children get hurt or a boo-boo or their heart broken, and very concern with our health as first time moms during our pregnancy, right? what about inside the comfort of our womb? what is the Love and the "outrage" for these defendless babies? who's speaking up for them?

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:21 AM

What a beautiful story you have! Thanks for sharing!

booaura
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:29 AM
So basically this is a rant against abortion, right? Worry about your own uterus and leave other women to theirs. Abortion is a personal choice that only the woman who is pregnant can or should make. If she chooses to abort, it has nothing to do with you. If you feel life starts at conception, great. Apply that to YOUR life. Don't try to apply your belief to my life or anyone else's. I'm glad things worked out for you. I'm glad you made the choice that was right for you.Now, focus on your life and stay out of my uterus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Thank you for sharing. Love it!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

philippians314
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Ranting, its  a funny word. When people speak up for doing or defending a fact, ignorance calls it "Ranting" whether its disagreeing on leaving a child in the car for 10minutes, marriage between man and woman,   abortion (killing a baby by a licensed killer who they call "doctors"), theives who say "i didnt do it"  and so on. You missed the WHOLE POINT. i know abortion, killing, suicide, drug overdose, drive bys, theives, liars, etc, i know this will continue, because thats whats right in those who commit these wrong doings see it as doing right according to themselves in their mind. but its very stupid and ignorant to "assume" its called ranting to state a FACT. its calling it out what it is. so just like you want me and evryone else to respect  woman's "uterus" please also respect that those who speak up for what is right, dont call it that we are ranting just because you and i disagree.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM

I hear you.  I can't imagine ever leaving my child in a hot car or with someone who could hurt my child.  

Congrats on your beautiful family and on moving on to be a great parent.

**Let it all out ANONYMOUSLY!**

booaura
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Sure, whatever makes you feel better about being so far up another wwoman's vagina. You haven't stated any facts, just your opinion. Abortion providers ARE doctors. They went to med school just like every other doctor, so I'm not sure why you put that in quotes. I find it hard to respect people or opinions who feel justified to passing judgment on a choice someone else made or pushing their religious beliefs on others. If you feel abortion is wrong...don't have one. Simple as that. But don't pass your opinion off as fact or expect anyone else to live by your definition of right and wrong.

Quoting philippians314:

Ranting, its  a funny word. When people speak up for doing or defending a fact, ignorance calls it "Ranting" whether its disagreeing on leaving a child in the car for 10minutes, marriage between man and woman,   abortion (killing a baby by a licensed killer who they call "doctors"), theives who say "i didnt do it"  and so on. You missed the WHOLE POINT. i know abortion, killing, suicide, drug overdose, drive bys, theives, liars, etc, i know this will continue, because thats whats right in those who commit these wrong doings see it as doing right according to themselves in their mind. but its very stupid and ignorant to "assume" its called ranting to state a FACT. its calling it out what it is. so just like you want me and evryone else to respect  woman's "uterus" please also respect that those who speak up for what is right, dont call it that we are ranting just because you and i disagree.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clairwil
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting philippians314:

A 'mother' isn't something you are.

It is something you are to a particular person.

It is a relationship.

You're only a mother if the person you think you are a mother of, also accepts you in that role.   It doesn't matter if you gave birth to them.  It doesn't matter if you share genes with them.   Those things may be true of a child abuser, but that doesn't make the abuser a mother.   While someone who adopted and raised a person, who'd die to protect them, and who is the person the son or daugter called "mom" - that is the mother.

philippians314
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:59 PM

@ booaura: Fact: murder is killing. doesnt matter how or who a person kills. Murder doest see age, race or religion. killing is wrong. Never said anything about "religion", because one im not  a religious person. and two looks whos "judgemental", you thought i was religious. Lol. but iam very glad youre ignornance speaks for you. it goes to show you really didnt pay attention, only to want you wanted to justify. Stealing is wrong, whether its something small or big. just like killing.

Opinion: is more like i think pink is the best color and i think everyone should wear it. that honey is an opinion.

booaura
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:41 PM
If you aren't religious, why do you talk about god in your initial post? And yes, murder is killing. Fact: Murder is a legal term, which means the unlawful taking of a human life. Fact: abortion is legal, therefore, not murder. No human life is ended in an abortion, because none has been started. When did we start giving out conception certificates? I didn't know an unborn embryo or fetus had a social security card...because they don't. It's called a BIRTH certificate for a reason. Sure, killing is wrong, that is a fact. But it is YOUR OPINION that abortion is killing. The only ignorance I see here is yours, throwing around legal terms and trying to pass your OPINION off as a fact.

Quoting philippians314:

@ booaura: Fact: murder is killing. doesnt matter how or who a person kills. Murder doest see age, race or religion. killing is wrong. Never said anything about "religion", because one im not  a religious person. and two looks whos "judgemental", you thought i was religious. Lol. but iam very glad youre ignornance speaks for you. it goes to show you really didnt pay attention, only to want you wanted to justify. Stealing is wrong, whether its something small or big. just like killing.

Opinion: is more like i think pink is the best color and i think everyone should wear it. that honey is an opinion.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
booaura
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
This too. According to the OP, a woman who aborts isn't a mother. I've aborted. I've since given birth to two children and I'm pregnant with twins...but I was a mother before I gave birth, because I became a mother when I got married to my husband and became a mother to the child he already had. Getting pregnant and giving birth isn't the only way to be a mother...and doesn't even mean you really are a mother in any way but biological.

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting philippians314:

A 'mother' isn't something you are.

It is something you are to a particular person.

It is a relationship.

You're only a mother if the person you think you are a mother of, also accepts you in that role.   It doesn't matter if you gave birth to them.  It doesn't matter if you share genes with them.   Those things may be true of a child abuser, but that doesn't make the abuser a mother.   While someone who adopted and raised a person, who'd die to protect them, and who is the person the son or daugter called "mom" - that is the mother.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)