Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My daughter going to bed WITHOUT dinner!!

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:59 PM
  • 121 Replies
4 moms liked this
My 4 year old daughter has fought extremely hard for the past several weeks to eat her food. It does not matter what it is she will fight "pretend to gag" play with it nibble at it and just straight out refuse to eat.

I am sick of yelling and "fighting" over the issue so tonight when she decided to have an all out melt down because she didn't like what was served I took her plate and put it in the fridge and informed her that she doesn't get a choice and that she eats what she is given and she will eat her food for lunch breakfast and dinner until it was gone. I'm done with the crap she can either eat it or eat nothing, I know that when she is hungry enough she will actually eat it but she has refused tonight so she is now in bed and won't be getting up to eat until morning to which I will hand her that plate of food.

My boys both started the same shit but quickly ate their food when I reminded them that they would not get ice cream after dinner if they didn't eat their food.
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KChinapps
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

That was the rule when I was growing up. If you didn't like what was on the table you went to bed without dinner, if you didn't eat it was because you were obviously not hungry. When we (I have two older brothers) would goof around at the table our parents sent us to our room and didn't eat till the following meal. 

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:17 PM
Way to make food a battle.
Babygurl2409
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:19 PM
2 moms liked this
thats terrible!!!! what kind of parent does that! maybe shes trying to tell u ur cooking sucks!
xLilBit22
by La Melodia on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:23 PM
I think it's a little effed up but if it works for you great. I feel the same way but with a younger child id do a sandwich or crackers with milk or water. Just so i know my kid is eating.
Mama_4Babies
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Or maybe she is just trying to test her limits as she has eaten the same things before and up until a few weeks ago it wasn't an issue.

Quoting Babygurl2409: thats terrible!!!! what kind of parent does that! maybe shes trying to tell u ur cooking sucks!
Mama_4Babies
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:31 PM
I'm actually fixing the food battle. This wasn't an issue up until a few weeks ago and she has eaten the same foods before. She is testing it and will no longer get away with it. I'm done wasting food that my husband and I pay for because she wants to test limits.

Quoting AutymsMommy: Way to make food a battle.
Mama_4Babies
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:32 PM
She won't starve herself, When she is hungry she will eat it. Obviously throwing the food away and giving her what she wants hasn't been working.

Quoting xLilBit22: I think it's a little effed up but if it works for you great. I feel the same way but with a younger child id do a sandwich or crackers with milk or water. Just so i know my kid is eating.
Mama_4Babies
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:36 PM
It was the same way for us growing up. You eat what's put in front of you or you don't eat at all. Sure it's hard knowing she is going to bed without dinner but she will learn that food is not free and that you don't just waste it because all of a sudden you don't like it.

Quoting KChinapps:

That was the rule when I was growing up. If you didn't like what was on the table you went to bed without dinner, if you didn't eat it was because you were obviously not hungry. When we (I have two older brothers) would goof around at the table our parents sent us to our room and didn't eat till the following meal. 

paper-bag
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
How old are you?

Quoting Babygurl2409: thats terrible!!!! what kind of parent does that! maybe shes trying to tell u ur cooking sucks!
Babygurl2409
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:04 PM
29 with a 7 yr old and a 7 month old. why?

Quoting paper-bag: How old are you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN