Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Fluoride....

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:53 PM
  • 2 Replies

My kids dentist prescribed them fluoride pills to take every day, because they both had 2 cavities that needed to be fixed. I have terrible teeth (inherited from my dad) and sadly, I passed it on to them =(. But if they use fluoride toothpaste and brush twice a day, do they really need fluoride pills? Isnt it a poison? I mean the toothpaste container says to contact poision control if more than enough to brush is swallowed. If their teeth are not strong enough, wouldnt calcium and potassium supplements be better?? 

We have well water, but it was literally making us sick, so we only drink bottled water, or filtered through our Brita filter, so they dont have the fluoride from the city water.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
me2autism
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Fluoride can should not be consumed in any large dosage. It is one of those trace minerals which is not necessary. I only let my dd brush with Flouride free toothpaste.
She has no cavities.
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:49 PM

That is what I thought... I'm thinking I will just give them some calcium/potassium pills and ignore the prescription for the fluoride.

Quoting me2autism: Fluoride can should not be consumed in any large dosage. It is one of those trace minerals which is not necessary. I only let my dd brush with Flouride free toothpaste. She has no cavities.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN