Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you talk to your husband's ex lover ?

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:02 PM
  • 23 Replies

I'm not the one that's going through this. My father cheated on my mother a couple of years ago with her best friend.  My mom not onlyu forgave him but she also forgave her and now there still best friends! How can a women allow herself to be in that position?  I don't understand.

by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Um no... that woman created a rift in my family & she will never be a "friend" ever again. I wouldn't trust her any further than I could throw her. YES, I know he is as much to blame. And yes, I have walked in those shoes before. I forgave both of them & asked for forgiveness myself. I pushed him away. I am also to blame for his affair.

That said- I forgave, doesn't mean I have to forget. NOR does it mean we have to be friends. I am civil to her only because she is my ex-husband's girlfriend & mother of my kids half brother.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:37 PM
To answer your title question, I could and I have (they were together and broken up long before I came along thought she still carried a torch for him and hated me). But in your parents' scenario, I don't know but leaning toward no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laryahzmommy
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 6:45 PM
Wow, I don't like to judge anyone else's situation but wow I don't think I could ever re friend her
Keith-IsaacsMom
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:41 PM

im actually working for her now and we are friendly. its called being a grown up

perfectly.flawe
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:34 PM
I have. I tried to make a nice civil relationship as she is the mother of my step child. Only problem, she is effing crazy. She lies so much she thinks it is the truth. But if there wasn't a child in the mix. Absolutely not. He can't stand her. She just gets worse every year.
AjMorczek
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:04 PM

She'd not be my friend anymore, and he likly wouldn't be my husband still. There is 0 excuse for cheating, if you're unhappy fix that shit or leave.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Have no clue? Unless I was involved in that situation.
mamamiajk
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:52 PM

tsk tsk

Mama_4Babies
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Depends on who it is. While we are friends with one of Dh ex's I would never be friends with let alone talk to the other. If they were before me I wouldn't mind unless they give me a reason not to like them.
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:25 PM

If she were someone he knew before we went together, I could be civil, and I assume friendly- after all I got the man.  But if it were cheating then no, she would not be someone I'd want to associate with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN