• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is Grandma Welcome Here?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:25 AM
  • 9 Replies

HI ALL ~I am new to this it's my first post and I was wondering if Grandma's are welcome here? I am 53 and had my first of 3 sons at 20 so I am a young Grandma. My Grand-kids are 10,7,3 and I love keeping up with the latest things having to do with raising young ones in "today's world". That's why i joined, to be able to get a view from Mom's like you that are in the know. My grand-kids live in another state so I don't get to see them much, I myself am a MM and practiced AP with my boys back in the 1980's. I truly feel that is why my son who does have the children is a wonderful father and he and his wife are AP also. Very controversial I know but it works for some of us. Please give me any feed back on how y'all feel about having a grandma in the group. Thanks Ladies!!! ♥have a nice weekend

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Of course you're welcomed here, you're a mom! 

welcome to cafemom

Yellow_Lileigh
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:31 AM
Sure! Why not?
booaura
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:32 AM
Hi :) you're a mother, so yes, you're welcome! I'm a young mom, 23, with three small children (4, 2, and 6 months) and twins on the way. We ap parent as well. Though it wasn't planned, it just felt like the right way to parent, we learned that there was an actual term for it later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susieq715
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Thank you so much and best of luck. The rewards you receive in not only being a parent but AP is amazing. I too didn't consciously start out that way, had never even known it existed as you said it just felt right. There is a reason for that~Thank You for you Welcome into the group.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
We're thrilled you're here!
How are you today?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting susieq715:

HI ALL ~I am new to this it's my first post and I was wondering if Grandma's are welcome here? I am 53 and had my first of 3 sons at 20 so I am a young Grandma. My Grand-kids are 10,7,3 and I love keeping up with the latest things having to do with raising young ones in "today's world". That's why i joined, to be able to get a view from Mom's like you that are in the know. My grand-kids live in another state so I don't get to see them much, I myself am a MM and practiced AP with my boys back in the 1980's. I truly feel that is why my son who does have the children is a wonderful father and he and his wife are AP also. Very controversial I know but it works for some of us. Please give me any feed back on how y'all feel about having a grandma in the group. Thanks Ladies!!! ♥have a nice weekend

MandaMom23
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome, hope you are enjoying the weekend!

susieq715
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much for the welcome you are all such a nice group of people on this site. I look forward to listening and at times participating. My weekend here in NY is nice, not too humid which is always a good thing. How are you and how is your wknd?

MandaMom23
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:29 PM

It is always nice to enjoy an August day that has lower humidity.  Do you have anything planned for today?  How often do you get to see your grand kids?

Quoting susieq715:

Thank you so much for the welcome you are all such a nice group of people on this site. I look forward to listening and at times participating. My weekend here in NY is nice, not too humid which is always a good thing. How are you and how is your wknd?

susieq715
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Thankfully No HA just resting up for the week ahead. I have Cancer so I am a busy lady during the week with dr. appts and infusions etc. I don't see the kids often at all. :( They live in WV and its been 6 months) We saw them for the little ones 3rd BD. Its very hard...Also my other son who is in the USMC is overseas. Then my youngest who does live here in NY is always working and then out with friends and he has his own apartment so we only see him for dinner 1x a month. They are all adult men so I understand but i miss them all so much.(33,29 and 25) How about you? Are you a grandma also or did you start your family a bit later then i did and your children are younger?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)