Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dessert recipes where a chocolate bar is the ingredient???

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:30 PM
  • 18 Replies

We have A TON of Hershey Chocolate bars leftover from a recent camping trip. Mil bought them in bulk at SAMS and then consequently gave them to us afterwards because "they dont eat chocolate."

*sigh* God love that woman but I think she's after to make me fat. lol j/k

anyway we cant possibly eat all these chocolate bars. Seriously, on the rare occasion that we DO buy a chocolate bar it literally lasts for months, now imagine a case of them!!

So I'm going to a party soon and figured I would use up these chocolate bars in like a dessert of some sort? But I cant find any dessert's where choclate bars are the ingredients! 

Any ideas? I'd love to get these out of my freezer!! I know, I know, first world problems lol

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:22 PM

I wonder about chopping them and using in place of chocolate chips in cookies?

Rhodin
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Melt them and use them in place of the baker's chocolate and sugar in regular cakes and brownies.
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Use them as chocolate chips
Make a layered smores "cake"
Fondue
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Here's something else I haven't tried: how about placing them on top of freshly baked hot brownies, then spread.  The thing I wonder about is that I suspect they will get white when melted like this. You can make fairly good s'mores in the microwave- put your graham cracker, chocolate, marshmallow, graham cracker, and nuke about 10 seconds or until the marshmallow is soft. I do this when it is cold out.

nebcutie
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I can not imagine a bar lasting months in my house...lol i have to put them in the freezer just so they can not find them as easy! I would chunk them up and make cookies and double chocolate brownies.
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:32 PM

I thought of another one-  PB in between two halves of a bar. hehehe!!

Jennyanne322
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you looked on Pinterest? They have some great ones with chocolate bars. We make these cookies with chocolate bars on the middle, s'more cupcake type things, and a few others that I have gotten off of there.
mymanben
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Use it instead of chocolate chips. Make a chocolate pie and chop them up and sprinkle them on top.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)