Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

First time moms

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 4:12 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
Any first time moms with newborns-6 month olds? I have a 12 week old and not many friends to go through this with!
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/supportive group :)
Today at 12:26 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Congrats on your new little one.
Here is another group you may find helpful.  nice to meet you :)

mcmlxxxv
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Me! She's 3 months. I've lost track of the weeks now. 15 weeks? Time is flying!
MamaBearEH
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not a first time mother, but congrats and welcome.  I think there is a dedicated group to that particular topic around here somewhere!

Jssthib2
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Congrats!! Are you staying at home? What do you do for "play time?"

Quoting mcmlxxxv: Me! She's 3 months. I've lost track of the weeks now. 15 weeks? Time is flying!
Luvbeinamommy10
by New Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I got a 3 month old too :)
mcmlxxxv
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Thanks, and congrats to you too! Yes, I am planning to stay home. Hopefully we can stay financially sound enough for that to continue. For play time at home, she hits toys on her play mat, holds a little bunny toy, and we play peek-a-boo. She isn't too interested in interacting with other babies yet, but she enjoys watching my friend's one-year-old as he plays.

Quoting Jssthib2: Congrats!! Are you staying at home? What do you do for "play time?"

Quoting mcmlxxxv: Me! She's 3 months. I've lost track of the weeks now. 15 weeks? Time is flying!
Jssthib2
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:37 PM
Ok!! That's about what we do as well!! It's hard to "play" with the tiny babies but I know we're supposed to stimulate their little brains. Just trying to do everything right! Haha. I'm so happy to be able to stay home but I miss working.?😕 do you work in addition to your full time job? I'm trying to think of things I can do!

Quoting mcmlxxxv: Thanks, and congrats to you too! Yes, I am planning to stay home. Hopefully we can stay financially sound enough for that to continue. For play time at home, she hits toys on her play mat, holds a little bunny toy, and we play peek-a-boo. She isn't too interested in interacting with other babies yet, but she enjoys watching my friend's one-year-old as he plays.

Quoting Jssthib2: Congrats!! Are you staying at home? What do you do for "play time?"

mcmlxxxv
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Yeah, it's hard to know just what to do with babies so young. We have some tummy time each day and I praise her when she raises her head, and she has just started to grab and hold things, so I give her lots of "grabbable" things to hold. She has just started laughing, so I try every day to make her laugh! Is yours laughing yet? It's so precious. And no, I'm not working outside the home at all anymore, but I really don't miss it. I've always been kind of a homebody though. I like to have time to hear myself think lol. I like to take DD on stroller walks on nice days, and sometimes just to grab lunch somewhere. It never feels much like being alone because people always stop to admire the baby lol

Quoting Jssthib2: Ok!! That's about what we do as well!! It's hard to "play" with the tiny babies but I know we're supposed to stimulate their little brains. Just trying to do everything right! Haha. I'm so happy to be able to stay home but I miss working.?😕 do you work in addition to your full time job? I'm trying to think of things I can do!

Quoting mcmlxxxv: Thanks, and congrats to you too! Yes, I am planning to stay home. Hopefully we can stay financially sound enough for that to continue. For play time at home, she hits toys on her play mat, holds a little bunny toy, and we play peek-a-boo. She isn't too interested in interacting with other babies yet, but she enjoys watching my friend's one-year-old as he plays.

happynewyorker
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Join babycenter.com - they have great information for new parents. what to expect and groups like cafemom.  I know the first year they were a big help.

Congratulations!

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:54 AM
Hi and congrats! Lots of mommies all over this site you can connect with. Good luck.

Quoting Jssthib2: Any first time moms with newborns-6 month olds? I have a 12 week old and not many friends to go through this with!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN