Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Oh no! Robin Williams is dead.:(

Posted by   + Show Post

Actor Robin Williams found dead in apparent suicide: sheriff

Reuters
7 minutes ago  

Williams speaks at a panel for the television series "The Crazy Ones" during the CBS portion of the Television Critics Association Summer press tour in Beverly Hills
Cast member Robin Williams speaks at a panel for the television series "The Crazy Ones" during ...

(Reuters) - Actor-comedian Robin Williams was found dead on Monday at his home in Northern California from an apparent suicide, Marin County Sheriff's Office said. He was 63.

The sheriff's coroner's division said it suspects the death was a suicide due to asphyxia, but the cause of death is still under investigation.

by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Quoting momofsixangels:

They are saying he hung himself

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/entertainment/comedian-robin-williams-found-dead/ngzWG/

OMG!  That image makes me even sadder.  He must have been hurting so much. 

Why is it that such talented and smart people are often so prone to depression? 

It reminds me of that song about Vincent Van Gogh, "This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you."

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sad over this :( He's one of my all time favorite actors. I've always loved him. I still can't believe that he's gone. I don't really get very involved when something like this happens but I truly liked him and I'm pretty upset. We definitely lost an amazing person.
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:44 PM

He always seems so funny and happy and silly... and represented everything fun and positive. It's so hard to come to terms with the fact that he had been in such a dark place. I can't imagine him being so sad...sad enough to take his own life.  I really can't grasp that he would do that. 

I picture him bringing so many carefree smiles to so many preople.  It's just unreal ...  It's so sad - beyond sad.

He was so talented and unique.  I really liked him. 

wantinababygirl
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:48 PM
I can't believe it. A true loss. He will be missed :(
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:49 PM

RIP :(

mna_823
I think that my son may have set a record for projectile vomit. My poor baby :(
Yesterday at 10:53 AM
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't believe it! I grew up on his movies and loved him as an actor and comedian. Who would've thought that a man who could make the world laugh would be so deeply troubled and sad.
Prayers for his family and loved ones.
fitmomtanya
by New Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I am so sad. He was a big part of my childhood. It's hard to believe someone so Happy on the outside could be hurting so much on the inside. :(
GrannyM.
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Loved This Man.... 

Mr. Williams, though you struggled most of your life with Drugs, alcohol, and depression - You ALWAYS  were there to make our troops laugh though out many wars/conflicts, and stopped at nothing to entertain our HEROES. Not your average celebrity, that didn't care. You and the rest of the USO means so much to our military, and brought back moral when times were very low.  For that we THANK YOU for YOUR service to our men and women...  Rest Easy Sir, a true Patriot... may your demons be laid to rest as well.

www.AmericanStrong.com
Mr. Williams, though you struggled most of your life with Drugs, alcohol, and depression - You ALWAYS were there to make our troops laugh though out many wars/...conflicts, and stopped at nothing to entertain our HEROES. Not your average celebrity, that didn't care. You and the rest of the USO means so much to our military, and brought back moral when times were very low. For that we THANK YOU for YOUR service to our men and women... Rest Easy Sir, a true Patriot... may your demons be laid to rest as well.
MzKhan86
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Very sad.. I was shocked. He was great at what he did. Mrs. Doubtfire was my favorite movie growing up that he made. .
sianlovekyle
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 7:20 AM

i still gte my head around it R.I.P will be miss so much

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)