Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Crossing boundaries. Would you be angry??

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:01 PM
  • 146 Replies
Ok, so my son goes to this school. Last year he was kinder, so this year he's 1st grade. A friend of mine has two sons. We met because all our kids go to the same daycare. I have three btw. My youngest two are there full time and my first grade does before and after school care. Ok let me get to the point. Lol. So, my friends oldest starts kinder this year, so now she'll have a kid there. Awesome. K, so ... school starts Wednesday and today was the day we found out our kids teachers (they had them posted out front for a little bit today.

Previous to today I told her how I'm getting my son then going to the school and he's excited etc. I had already arranged it with my work to leave a little early (told her that too). I also was going to be signing him up for the after school program.

So today I'm driving from work to the daycare and she texted me asking me if I wanted her to tell me my son's teacher and classroom. I pulled over to text her back and another text came in from her saying too late I already looked, then she told me his teacher. I was angry.

That was something my son and I were going to go. I understand being helpful, but I didn't ask her to or say yes. Why ask me and don't let me reply? I saw her at the daycare and she was like, did you get my text? I said yeah but I'm not going to tell Marshall because he's been looking forward to going and I also need to sign him up for the after school program. I said it as like a reminder like ... remember I said I'm going to do that lol.

One more thing ... so when I got to the school to check for his teacher etc, I received a call from a different friend who I texted earlier. This friend and I about a week ago planned to go together to find out our sons teachers. Last year they had the same kinder teacher. So anyways, She called to say she was still at work and was going to miss the cut off to see and if I could look and take a pic to send to her.

I didn't want to because I didn't want to be the weirdo snapping pics of the school list, but I agreed. So I did. I looked, found her son, then took the pic. I went back to my car to fill out the after school program paper and all of a sudden my son tells me he sees my friend. The one who asked me to take the pic. I looked up and sure enough she was there. I went up to her and she was like oh I decided to come. That means (due to the time she got there) she talked to me then got off, got in her car and came over. Rude??
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Bump
MrsB2011
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:29 PM
17 moms liked this
No you sound kind of petty and immature 😒
2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Actually you do. Smh.

Quoting MrsB2011: No you sound kind of petty and immature 😒
TexanMomOf6
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Chill.
EponineVader
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:36 PM
9 moms liked this

I am failing to see the big deal in all of this. Your first friend was just trying to be helpful.

The second friend changed her mind and decided to come and see it. Maybe she got off the phone and thought, she better just come and take a look

No big deal

teenkabear
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's a big deal.  I don't think they were trying to be blatantly rude--like, it's not like they called you or your son some expletive.

I think it was just one of those days where people are busy and crazy and wires get crossed.  They could've done much worse things.

ACC1984
by New Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:38 PM
2 moms liked this
This is why I don't have many female friends lol. Even though it might seem "petty" I can see why you'd be peeved. Women can be so wishy washy!
JanineDeer
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:41 PM
3 moms liked this

I think you just may be "making mountains out of molehills".   Just let it all go...

2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Like I said I'm my op I already told the first friend previous to today my plans, how I was getting off early, my son's excitement, and how I had to apply to the after school program. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure she offered that day too and I said no.

I think it's rude to override someone's plans. She asked me and I feel she asked because she knew I already was going there but she didn't even allow me to answer. It's rude.

As for friend 2 ... it's rude to not cancel. I had to wait in a long line with my kids who just wanted to go home after a long day.

Quoting EponineVader:

I am failing to see the big deal in all of this. Your first friend was just trying to be helpful.

The second friend changed her mind and decided to come and see it. Maybe she got off the phone and thought, she better just come and take a look

No big deal

petitekatie
by New Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I think you are reading way too much into this WHOLE thing...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)